Cherokee Issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
EG 7
Airman

Cherokee Issues

Post by EG 7 »

Hey boys and girls!

I'm a bit demoralized at this point. I'm getting back into flight simming after a 5 month hiatus. I uninstalled P3Dv4.2, uninstalled all A2A products (C172, C182, Cherokee, Feel), installed P3D v4.3, reset all parameters for my Saitek yoke, TQ and rudder pedals, transferred my info to the new A2A store, reentered my forum info, redownloaded/reinstalled all A2A products, ran the old updater, ran the new updater, ran Dr. A2A, read through the forums to try to troubleshoot these items... I've been working on this, on and off for a week. There HAS to be an easier way to do this...

I found that my Cherokee front wheel is locked, ZERO movement of front wheel at full rudder deflection (left and right)

Now the Cherokee loads with the landing gear buried into the ground, crashes, and reloads the default A36 (which functions fine)

Sorry for the frustration,

Dave
WoP II: P51 Mustang Solo, WoP II: P40 Warhawk, Shockwave 3D Lights (FS9 & FSX), J 3 Cub (FSX & P3D), Accu-Feel Air, Land Sea (FSX & P3D), C172 Skyhawk, C182 Skylane, Cherokee, T-6 Texan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cherokee Issues

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dave,

Why not post on the forums a little sooner if you're having trouble? We're here to help after all.

Here's the best bet for you to get sorted based on the various bits you've described in your post.

1. Perform a clean uninstall of all the A2A products from Prepar3D. That means after you've uninstalled in the usual way, manually remove any A2A leftovers in the installation directory (by default "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A"). I also recommend you delete the "Documents\A2A" directory as well. This is where persistent aircraft state logs are stored, so you may prefer to back it up or retain it.

2. Then run Prepar3D once to flush its add-on.cfg files.

3. Finally run the new P3Dv4 installers which you've presumably downloaded from your account which was transferred onto the new A2A store. (The new installers have the A2A logo for their icon and in their properties will show version 18.4.22.0.)

That's it! You should be good to go, but if not, please let us know rather than battling away in vain.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. We'll try to keep troubleshooting to this thread if that's okay? Cross-posting to different threads only makes it harder to track the steps taken.

EG 7
Airman

Post by EG 7 »

Sorry, I didn't want to ask silly questions that can be answered by simply looking them up.

I did steps 1 and 3 as you described before. I did not do step 2 (run P3D between uninstall and reinstalling).

I perform this operation as you describe and report back.

Many thanks!

Dave
WoP II: P51 Mustang Solo, WoP II: P40 Warhawk, Shockwave 3D Lights (FS9 & FSX), J 3 Cub (FSX & P3D), Accu-Feel Air, Land Sea (FSX & P3D), C172 Skyhawk, C182 Skylane, Cherokee, T-6 Texan

EG 7
Airman

Post by EG 7 »

Nope, I did a full uninstall, rooted out all A2A P3D v4.3 files that I could find. Then I ran CCleaner, rebooted, started P3D, did a tng with a default Cub, shut down P3D, rebooted pc, rechecked that no files reappeared, reloaded P3D, rechecked that no A2A aircraft appeared in P3D, rebooted pc.

Then I reinstalled C172 successfully, started P3D, loaded a flight with C172 - the aircraft loads fine, but still no front wheel deflection with full rudder deflection (left and right). I'll work on this a little more tomorrow!

Thanks for any further ideas!

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Dave,

A couple more questions in that case.

When you reinstalled the C172, did the installer give you a choice of where to install or did it lock the installation path with the message that it had detected existing A2A add-ons on your system.

Also, do you use any other add-ons such as FSUIPC or EZdok?

Thanks,
Nick

EG 7
Airman

Post by EG 7 »

Hey Nick and all! Good news!

After my installation of the C172, I decided to install the C182 just to see what would happen. I did so, and I found the front wheel did not turn, but the aircraft was not buried and crashing as it initially did. After some thought, I tried running through the preflight and engine start procedures and tried to taxi. To my surprise, the aircraft began to turn smoothly as I applied power and slowly pressed the rudder pedals. I went ahead and got on a straight section of a taxiway. I changed to the outside view of the aircraft and deflected the rudder, and the front wheel would now deflect right and left in relation to how I pressed the rudder pedals.

After that, I installed the Cherokee, and went through the same procedure which yielded the same exact results - no wheel turn until after start up, taxi, then outside view, wheel turn now present.

Then, I rechecked the previously installed C172, with the same exact result.

I wish I could report what caused these issues and what solved these issues, but I'm not sure what went wrong at first, and what eventually went right now. I'm glad these gremlins straightened out though...

Sorry for being aggravated! Thanks for the kind assistance!

Dave

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the update - glad to hear that whatever the issue was, you're back in business.

Nick

Conner1
Airman Basic

Post by Conner1 »

Hi A2A, I just bought the Piper Cherokee and installed it and it worked perfectly on FSX Steam edition. I was on FSX and switched tabs and was doing something and my computer froze so I turned the computer off using the power button which I should not have done while FSX was running. After I turned the computer back on got on FSX and tried to start the Piper I noticed it was not working. The maintenance hanger said there were lot of things wrong with the plane even though I had just replaced foul spark plugs and was in perfect condition. Also nothing except when I turn on the master switch makes sound and the plane will not start. On FSX when I go to free flight the all variations box is clicked on and the page is scrolled down just below where it shows the plane which I noticed the first time the plane did not work. I have tried everything including backing FSX up onto an external hard drive so I would not loose all my hours and missions and completely uninstalling FSX and reinstalling as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the Plane. Do you have any idea on what the issue could be?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Conner1 and welcome to the forums.

Please could you try a repair of the SimConnect client which is installed with FSX-SE.

To do this, please locate and run the following file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi"

The path to the file is rather long, but if you can try this it may repair a corrupted SimConnect installation.

If this doesn't help, please can you delete the following folder which stores the data files for your Cherokee: "Documents/A2A/Cherokee180".

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”