Add-on Gamin 430 for PA-28 180

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
hmollin
Airman

Re: Add-on Gamin 430 for PA-28 180

Post by hmollin »

Update: Flight 1 told me that the issue of the double image of their gns 430 in the panel of the a2a Cherokee was an a2a issue. I bought the Cherokee specifically to use with an add-on gps which the a2a Cherokee info said had the compatibility built in. Since this was a promised feature I would hope that a2a would correct this. Hunter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Hunter,

Promised where? The Cherokee for FSX was released in May 2014 and the F1 GNS units weren't released until 2016. Extra GPS options for the Prepar3D version of the Cherokee have since been retrofitted, but it hasn't been possible to add this to the FSX versions yet.

To clarify, at the time of writing the FSX version of the Cherokee has native support for the RXP v1 GNS units and the Mindstar GNS units. However, as mentioned, adding support for additional units to the FSX products is on the roadmap.

Having said all that, it should be possible to make manual edits to the panel.cfg file of the Cherokee to support basic VC integration newer F1 GNS products. Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to these and can't access the F1 support forums (only registered customers can view them) which makes it a bit tricky to offer suggestions. However, I'll see if I can track down any more info.

Thanks,
Nick

hmollin
Airman

Post by hmollin »

Hi Nick,
This is from the a2a store Cherokee product description: “Bendix King Avionics stack with authentic period LED’s. Three in-sim avionics configurations including no GPS, GPS 295, or the GNS 400. Built-in automatic support for 3rd party GNS 430 and 530”. In the very beginning of this thread I had asked which gps work and F1 was on the list so i reasonably expected it to work. Again, your efforts are appreciated. Hunterp

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

sorry for the mis-understanding but for sure you where not promised by anyone from A2A on what would or would not work, also worth noting that in the future I would recommend listing your platform as there are differences.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

hmollin
Airman

Post by hmollin »

Hi Lewis,
You are correct. No one from a2a promised me anything. But it does say in the a2a Cherokee description from a2a that it has built in compatibility with 3rd party gns 430. Not knowing which one to buy, I asked this forum and the F1 add-on was recommend (beginning of
this thread). I am presently doing my instrument training in a Cherokee 180 with a GNS 430. So the built in compatibility of the third party gns 430 was the primary reason I purchased the a2a Cherokee. I relied on this forum (technical support for the a2a Cherokee) to help me choose the correct add-on. If I was told Mindstar I would have purchased that. Yes, it is a misunderstanding and I hope you could appreciate my position. Could there be a solution? Hunter

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

you can manually edit the files as Nick has mentioned a few times but we don't yet have a date for an update to add the Flight1 GPS support other than to say we are working as quickly as we can, but with a new version of P3D due out tomorrow this could complicate things as Flight1 may need to issue new versions of there GPS which tend to be tied to the platform version.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Sorry I just noticed you are running FSX. I would recommend you talk to flight1 as I don't have any timescale for an update to the FSX Version of the Cherokee simulation and cannot guarantee it will ever support the 4 or 530 in a timely manner.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”