Engine "START" button and recent update (RESOLVED)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Engine "START" button and recent update (RESOLVED)

Post by TBryson2 »

As always, thank you for a great product!

Prior to the recent updates, in the C-172, when using a switch panel that includes a START key switch the user was unable to rotate the virtual key off of "START" if the engine did not actually start. The only way to rotate the virtual key was to use the mouse. This issue was corrected in the latest update (thank you) and by using the C-172 input configurator, (Magneto Inc.) and FSUIPC for the other key positions (Off, L, R, Both) the virtual key switch now operates as it should (In the C-172).

I recently updated my Cherokee and Comanche and was hoping the same "fix" was implemented in the updates. This does not seem to be the case.

I understand the Cherokee and Comanche use a "START" button, but that should be irrelevant. I was expecting the updates for these products to behave the same as the C-172 and be able to disengage the "START" button by rotating the key switch on my key switch panel when the engine won't start. (Button or no button, I use the key switch panel to start all of my aircraft)

I have configured the Cherokee and Comanche Input Configurator mirror what I did on the C-172, and disabled the "START" key switch position in FSUIPC but it still will not engage or disengage the start button.

Guess what I'm asking is did the recent update include this "fix" for these aircraft, and if not, can it be implemented into another fix so the start button works properly using a switch panel?

Thanks you,

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Re: Engine "START" button and recent update (RESOLVED)

Post by TBryson2 »

I was eat up with the dumb ass. Comes from working too hard! :mrgreen:

In the airplane configurator I was attempting to use "Magneto Inc." and didn't see "Engine Starter". Once I selected this, it worked as expected.

Thanks again!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Engine "START" button and recent update (RESOLVED)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Really happy to hear that you like some of the recently released updates TB2. Thanks for the posts and for confirming improved operation of the magneto switches. :)

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support”