Flight 1 GNS in A2A aircraft?

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
CrazyGleek
Airman First Class

Flight 1 GNS in A2A aircraft?

Post by CrazyGleek »

Sorry to bring this question back up, but I am still lost. Does anyone have a solution for getting the Flight1 GNS 530. and GNS 430 to work in that A2A aircraft in Prepared3Dv4?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Flight 1 GNS in A2A aircraft?

Post by Nick - A2A »

I don't own the Flight1 GNS units CrazyGleek (I went for the new RealityXP offering instead) but the process of integrating them into your P3Dv4 A2A fleet should be much the same: namely a bit of manual "panel.cfg" file editing. :)

What you'll need to do is navigate to the "panel" folder (e.g. My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel) and start off with the "panel_RXP_530.cfg" as a template. Open this file with Notepad and use the 'find' command to locate the existing gauge filenames ("rxpGNS!GNS530") and then change them to the F1 equivalent (presumably "F1GTN!GNS530" or similar).

Then it should just be a case of saving the edited file with the file name "panel.cfg". This means overwriting the existing version of the file so ideally make a backup first. However, note that if you run the aircraft configurator, and select the default GPS, it'll restore this original panel.cfg anyway, overwriting your edited version.

Not sure about the dimension of the F1 gauge. The new RXP gauge has slightly different dimension and aspect ratio to its predecessor so a few other edits to the panel.cfg were required. However, try the method I described for the F1 gauge and see how you get on. The same principal will apply to the GNS 430 and to the dual GNS installation.

Hope that helps! :wink:
Nick

Monkster
Airman Basic

Post by Monkster »

Nick - A2A wrote:I don't own the Flight1 GNS units CrazyGleek (I went for the new RealityXP offering instead) but the process of integrating them into your P3Dv4 A2A fleet should be much the same: namely a bit of manual "panel.cfg" file editing. :)

What you'll need to do is navigate to the "panel" folder (e.g. My Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C182\panel) and start off with the "panel_RXP_530.cfg" as a template. Open this file with Notepad and use the 'find' command to locate the existing gauge filenames ("rxpGNS!GNS530") and then change them to the F1 equivalent (presumably "F1GTN!GNS530" or similar).

Then it should just be a case of saving the edited file with the file name "panel.cfg". This means overwriting the existing version of the file so ideally make a backup first. However, note that if you run the aircraft configurator, and select the default GPS, it'll restore this original panel.cfg anyway, overwriting your edited version.

Not sure about the dimension of the F1 gauge. The new RXP gauge has slightly different dimension and aspect ratio to its predecessor so a few other edits to the panel.cfg were required. However, try the method I described for the F1 gauge and see how you get on. The same principal will apply to the GNS 430 and to the dual GNS installation.

Hope that helps! :wink:
Nick
This was somewhat helpful Nick and I appreciate it but your explanation does not go into enough detail to urge me to dive into panel.cfg editing :) Is there a detailed explanation for this somewhere. I currently have the GTN 650/750 installed and love it, but I would like to install the 430/530 for realism since the 172 trainer I own is equipped with the 430/530.
I purchased the GNS units seeing that P3d v4 was supported but never dreamed my favorite aircraft maker did not (since the ad states (automatic support for 3rd party GNS 430 and 530) .
Any explicit directions for doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Monkster wrote:This was somewhat helpful Nick and I appreciate it but your explanation does not go into enough detail to urge me to dive into panel.cfg editing Is there a detailed explanation for this somewhere. I currently have the GTN 650/750 installed and love it, but I would like to install the 430/530 for realism since the 172 trainer I own is equipped with the 430/530.
I purchased the GNS units seeing that P3d v4 was supported but never dreamed my favorite aircraft maker did not (since the ad states (automatic support for 3rd party GNS 430 and 530) .
Any explicit directions for doing this would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Monkster,

Actually we've just released brand new installers for Prepar3D v4 including native support for both the RealityXP and Flight1 GNS 430 and GNS 530. For more information, please see this post.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”