A2A Cessna 182 Pilots Manual

The jack of all trades and the world's most popular high performance GA aircraft
new reply
Tundrabum
Airman Basic

A2A Cessna 182 Pilots Manual

Post by Tundrabum »

2 Quick Questions:

1- Unable to figure out what the purpose is of a small gauge located just below the Oil temp/pressure gauge on the lower left hand instrument panel. I hold my mouse over the left lever and states 'slave switch'. Sorry, but that means nothing to me. It is not shown on pg 74 of the pilots manual.

2- The Autopilot!. Oh my gosh, this is nothing like my old FSX default Cessna autopilot (as in the one I know how to work). You Tube to the rescue as I could find nothing in the Pilots Manual about the AP. Did I miss It? If not, just maybe you want to give some verbage about how to use in the manual. The You Tube Video gave info on how to input Vertical Speed, did not mention heading, or how to couple to the GTN etc. Any info on where to go, or links to a comprehensive you tube video much appreciated.

Best Regards
darrel

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A Cessna 182 Pilots Manual

Post by wblackret »

You could go to the Bendix King site and review or download the KAP 140 Autopilot manual there. Works just like the real one.

http://www.bendixking.com
Support/Downloads and Manuals

Look here for information regarding HSI and slave switch.

https://www.bendixking.com/en/~/media/b ... -guide.pdf
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A Cessna 182 Pilots Manual

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Darrel,

Yes, real world resources are the best guide for the autopilot and HSI simulation included with the 182. I think some of the older links elsewhere on the forum may have expired. Anyway, here's an active link to the KAP 104 autopilot manual:

Honeywell KAP 140 Autopilot
Tundrabum wrote:Unable to figure out what the purpose is of a small gauge located just below the Oil temp/pressure gauge on the lower left hand instrument panel.
This is the KA 51B slaving meter which is used to place the HSI in 'slaved' or 'free' mode. For normal operation, keep the switch in the 'slave' position and the HSI will adjust itself for gyro drift using a separate magnetic sensor. When this switch is in the 'free' position the, 'CW' and 'CCW' buttons rotate the HSI compass card clockwise or counterclockwise so you can manually adjust for gyro drift instead.

You can read more about it in the HSI manual (as linked by wblackret above):

Bendix/King KCS 55 A Compass System

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane”