everything destroyed

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
mike4370
Senior Airman

Re: everything destroyed

Post by mike4370 »

aahh ok yes i actually do right click and run as admin when i open FSX.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Am I right with the assumption that despite any loading attempts of the C182 there is still NO "C182Slog.dat" file in the C:\Users\"username"\Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182 ? It would require at least one complete load of the C182 and and normal quitting of FSX. If there is no such file then there's definitely something wrong with the installation. But to be honest my knowledge is exhausted at this point as I have never seen that the way you describe it. Could it be that any kind of Virus Detection Software is preventing the A/C from being properly installed? This would be my latest and wildest guess. This would require a re-install of the C182 with the Virus Scanner disabled.

Edit: Disregard the virus scanner hint. I see that you have already tried that earlier.
Last edited by lonewulf47 on 21 Nov 2014, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Mike is your FSX an SP2 installation or Acceleration?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

and another - maybe - silly question just to rule anything else out: Have you ever tried to re-download the installer from your account? What is the name of the installer and what is its size?
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hiya,

I've experienced the same "all red" on my Piper 180, after the latest patch (14-11). What i did was select the default C-172, started it up with CTRL+E and then selected the Piper 180 again.
Which solved the problem, only my battery was dead after this, yet this was fixed with a single click.

Hope this helps,

Marcel

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

mgr wrote:Hiya,

I've experienced the same "all red" on my Piper 180, after the latest patch (14-11). What i did was select the default C-172, started it up with CTRL+E and then selected the Piper 180 again.
Which solved the problem, only my battery was dead after this, yet this was fixed with a single click.
Indeed another good idea which has not yet been addressed as far as I can see. Loading a default A/C prior to a complex one can also be a remedy for many mishaps.
Oskar

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

i actually did try loading the default 172 idea but that did not work either. to Lewis, yes, i have SP1 and 2. to lonewulf, do you mean re downloading from my account in the A2A store? if, so then yes i did that a couple of times, the size of the file i think is 177mb. and it's named Accu-Sim_Skylane_FSX. I just dont understand what it could be, because update V2.0 works just fine. but all the updates after that give me the same problem. I think it must be something in my system that is causing it. just to be sure, it wouldnt have anything to do with directx right? because if i go ahead with installing it, i get a message saying "a cabinet file necessary for installation is missng. ensure cryptographic services are enabled..." something to that effect. i have checked cryptographic services and it is enabled. now i just skip that part when it comes up. i have directx 11.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Just another apporach to the problem: I still presume that there are access right issues with the A2A folder in the documents section. Can you check whether you have full access to this folder ?

I give you an example of how it should look for Admin Rights (ufortunately I use a German version of Win7 but hte tabs and marks should be identical). Just rightclick the A2A sub-folder within the documents folder:

Oskar

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

I will check that and let you know what happens. I'm no computer whiz but I can see if it has full rights. I so hope this helps.. I'm so anxious to get this bird up in the air....lol

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

Oohh I see there is an even newer update.... with every new update there's new hope lol

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

ok I tried reinstalling the 182 with antivirus and firewall off, ran as admin, installed the latest update... no luck. then i re installed simconnect from the FAQ... no luck. to lonewulf, i checked the admin rights and they are set to full rights. i also tried a suggestion by someone else who had a similar problem im having by loading the default cessna first and then the 182.... again no luck. i even tried to run the 182 installer in compatibility mode (with windows 7, my operating system) and that did not work either. i think i have exhausted all means of resolving this issue. :(

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

mike4370 wrote:ok I tried reinstalling the 182 with antivirus and firewall off, ran as admin, installed the latest update... no luck. then i re installed simconnect from the FAQ... no luck. to lonewulf, i checked the admin rights and they are set to full rights. i also tried a suggestion by someone else who had a similar problem im having by loading the default cessna first and then the 182.... again no luck. i even tried to run the 182 installer in compatibility mode (with windows 7, my operating system) and that did not work either. i think i have exhausted all means of resolving this issue. :(

One more idea Mike, try excluding FSX.exe process in your anti virus program and see if that may help. You could do the same with the A2A updater as well in case maybe an antivirus issue is causing this headache

mike4370
Senior Airman

Post by mike4370 »

I'm not quite sure how to do that. Could you show me? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Go into your anti virus program and you should find a section called settings, under administrative section or advanced settings, you should see an option to exclude processes. You will search through your files c/program files(86)/microsoft games/flight simulator x/and below all of the folders in the main fsx menu, you will find fsx.exe........you should be able to double click that and it will show the path in a window and should have a button to push labelled ADD......You may have to do the same with the 182 installation .exe and the latest updater .exe........maybe this will help. Try the fsx.exe first and if you cannot install still, then try the installation exe and updater.exe. It seems as if maybe somehow a previous version of accusim got flagged, since you cannot update past v2.0. Wish you luck :D

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey Mike,

Is your windows up to date including your .net framework?

Thanks,
Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”