Aircraft starts damaged; cannot click Overhaul button

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
tanuki_time
Airman

Aircraft starts damaged; cannot click Overhaul button

Post by tanuki_time »

Not only with the Skylane, but every accusim aircraft I have after a new install starts with every system destroyed, and clicking on the Complete Overhaul button does nothing. I've scoured the forums, tried everything, and reinstalled everything.

I know about clearing the .dat files from the documents folder, but here is another problem that I suspect is connected - Even after a complete re-install of FSX and every A2A aircraft, even going into and loading all aircraft, saving flights, etc., I never get an A2A folder in my documents folder, or anywhere. I never get the .dat files which I need to delete.

Can someone please help me with this issue? I love the A2A aircraft and really can't figure this one out.

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Aircraft starts damaged; cannot click Overhaul button

Post by speedy70 »

Hi.
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds as if you need to run the updater. Found here

http://www.a2asimulations.com/downloads ... _03_15.zip

Run it as administrator.

Cheers Chris

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

Hello! Thanks for the reply.

I have already done this, no go.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Firstly, I'd suggest you check that the SimConnect software is properly installed. The default direct should be as follows (and you'll need to run the "SimConnect.msi" application):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK

If that doesn't help, it may be worth checking DLL permissions in the FSX.cfg file as described in this post.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

"P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib" quote from the Troubleshooting FAQ

Hope this fixes the issue for you!

Oops - Nick M beat me to it :oops:
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Mazo wrote:Oops - Nick M beat me to it :oops:
Yeah, though I also assumed the OP had FSX Steam edition installed for some reason. If it's the disk edition, it may be necessary to use a link as provided in this post to download and fix a corrupt SimConnect install. If P3D, the directory as Mazo listed above contains the necessary installer.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I do have the Steam edition. I have also verified that simconnect in installed correctly.
Nick, I checked out the .dll permissions as you pointed out in your last post here http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 18#p379818

It looks like I do have something missing:

Under [Trusted] the poster linked above lists FSX\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll.zonnewanzohecekcceuebiqhetwrblrolruhuolt=1
as the first line in the FSX.cfg. I do not have this line, and when I try to paste it into the cfg file under trusted, it does nothing.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

tanuki_time wrote:Under [Trusted] the poster linked above lists FSX\A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll.zonnewanzohecekcceuebiqhetwrblrolruhuolt=1 as the first line in the FSX.cfg. I do not have this line, and when I try to paste it into the cfg file under trusted, it does nothing.
t_t - I'd suggest you do what I mentioned in the linked thread and delete the contents of that "[Trusted]" section entirely. Then restart the sim and make sure you allow each of the modules to run when prompted to do so in the dialog boxes which pop up.

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

Thanks Nick,

I did try this as well, still the same problem :(

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

How did you exactly verify that Simconnect is installed correctly? These are the symptoms of Simconnect not working.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

In the \FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces directory, I went through and reinstalled the simconnect.msi in each folder. I don't know another way to verify it?

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

Update - Uh Oh...

So I tried to reinstall simconnect and now I get an error only when reinstalling the simconnect.msi from the XPACK folder, the other files install fine. So I re-downloaded simconnect from another source and still the same thing; in installs fine from the RTM and SP1 folders, but even after re-downloading I get the error "An error occured during the installation of assembly". I've cleaned the registry, and everything else I've read about simconnect errors, to no avail.

I can't find any help for this anywhere else, if anyone could help I would be overjoyed.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Sounds odd. :? From your initial post, I understand everything worked fine before the reinstall? That makes me wonder about the circumstances of the original reinstall. i.e. did you switch from FSX Disk to FSX-SE? Any other changes to your system at the same time that may be relevant such as a change of Operating System? (Which OS are you using by the way?)
tanuki_time wrote:I never get an A2A folder in my documents folder, or anywhere. I never get the .dat files which I need to delete.
The only other suggestion I can think of relating to this would be to make sure you right click all of the A2A installers and select "run as administrator" in case Windows UAC is causing issues (assuming you don't already have it switched off).

One final question: are you using antivirus/firewall software? If so, have you tried disabling it during installation?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

tanuki_time
Airman

Post by tanuki_time »

Hi Nick, thank you so much for your help.

I have disabled UAC and all firewalls/antivirus. I really cant figure this one out.
Running XP SP3, I had the 182 and Cherokee and they worked just fine. I have the Steam edition and FSX started causing errors loading scenery a few weeks ago and I assumed it was a corrupt file, so I reinstalled through steam. I cleaned out the registry entries for A2A and accusim and made sure everything was correctly installed each time. FSX is back to normal but no matter what I do for any of the accusim aircraft, still the same problem. They all are damaged and Overhaul or anything else in the maint. hangar just wont click.

I would ask if there is some manual way to change a config file or something like that, but I assume those are in the missing .dat files in /My Documents, which no Accusim aircraft generates for me, so I don't have any .dat files generated, even after loading the aircraft in FSX.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again; I'm afraid I haven't really been much help so far! :|

I wonder if there's some sort of registry corruption which is causing this issue and preventing the 'A2A_service.dll' from being installed. (Perhaps this module is needed for the .dat files to be generated in 'My Documents' for the first time?)

I guess you could check to see if the ''A2A_service.dll' module is present in your installation. It should be located in this directory by default along with 'A2AserviceInstaller.exe'. (What would happen if you ran that installer I wonder? This isn't sound troubleshooting advice of course, just me thinking out loud. :? )

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\A2A\Shared

Hopefully Lewis or one of the other A2A guys who know a bit more about the installer and file logic can help you out when they read through the thread. Certainly my WinXP knowledge is a bit rusty! :wink:

Good luck!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”