Instant Replay

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
frederi350
Airman

Instant Replay

Post by frederi350 »

Hi Guys,
When I am flying A2A's Cessna 182T I like to replay my landings so that I can review and critic them.
What is especially important to me is the air speed on approach and on touch down so that I can see ideally if I am at or near the stall speed. When I replay the landing the replay is not exactly a reproduction of the landing. The replay doesn't show the air speed on the air speed indicator nor does it reflect the accurate images of the landings. Are you aware of this and is there an update or fix. Another problem that I am encountering is emptying the airplane when I bring up the " Shift 3" menu. The pilot flashes on and of when the " Empty Airplane" is clicked. I don't mean to be a nuisance, I am just trying to make you aware so that you can improve your product.

Frederi350

km2727
Airman First Class

Re: Instant Replay

Post by km2727 »

Hi,
The instant replay your using is an FSX feature not A2A's, and it doesn't record all the parameters. Try somthing like FS Recorder or other software were you can specify what is being captured. You can set FS Recorder to capture and replay airspeeds.

If you are in the plane, you can't empty the plane. Switch to an external view first.
Kevin D. Murray Sr.
Image Image Image

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

As someone who has spent hundreds of hours using the various replay systems available for filming (from stock, to FSRecorder, and others), they are all left a little wanting. Replay is a bit of a misnomer, as these systems actually "refly" the plane. This means that during replay, with Accusim on, you continue to accumulate hours on the aircraft, as well as wear and tear on the engine. Because so much of Accusim works outside of the core coding of FSX, and also because FSX itself doesn't actually differentiate the plane from flying, these two systems don't sync correctly, and never will. I've actually ruined perfectly good engines with the replay systems available because of the problems inherent to the how replay systems work. Keep in mind, core FSX was designed to be generic across the board for default aircraft and those built explicitly from their SDK.

If you do use replays of any type, I suggest turning damage off, and then setting the engine parameters to exactly those you had when flying. It'll never give you a 100% carbon copy, and you'll see issues such as you described, but they really can't be worked around (since even things like the ASI are often coded outside core FSX).
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes, unfortunately the more advanced aircraft and tbh even the defaults are limited with the replay function in FSX itself, best bet is to use one of the third party options for a better recording but even then it can be a bit hit or miss unfortunately.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”