c182 not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
tbergt
Airman Basic

c182 not working

Post by tbergt »

Hello, about 2 weeks ago I purchased the Cessna 182 and downloaded it with no problem to my computer. Three days ago my old computer (the one that the C182 is installed on) completely crashed and cant' access anything on there. I purchased a new computer and started re downloading everything i have. The only product that I cant get to work properly is the C182. The airplane downloaded just fine, however, when you enter the airplane you cannot start it nor will any buttons respond to pressing. Essentially all i can do is sit in the cockpit and not move any switches. I tried to auto start it from the menu, and that didn't work either. I have wasted 3 downloads on it now (1 remains) and am becoming fearful I won't be able to use this aircraft anymore. The specs of my computer are Hp omen 870-224, Intel I5-7400, 16GB DDR4 SDRAM, 1TB hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060, Windows 10 64 bit OS. I am running P3D Academic V3, and have the Academic C182. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: c182 not working

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

it sounds like you might want to check simconnect and install it on your new system. From the troubleshooting FAQ;

P3D - Installed but nothing works and all is broken!?

P3DV2 sometimes wont install the required simconnect files. No worries though as they are provided by Lockheed in the following directory;
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

From what you describe it sounds like you will want to do simconnect and also as a P3Dv3 user make sure you run the latest Accu-sim updater here;
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 21&t=57819

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”