Environment map issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mkonareff
Airman Basic

Environment map issue

Post by mkonareff »

Hello,

I've recently bought the C182 and it's a real pleasure to see so much details and realism in a small aircraft like this.
However I'm facing a weird issue with the environment map on P3D v4 (didn't try on another simulator). It seems the aircraft is using the default P3D envmap and the propeller cone looks really ugly compared to the advertising screenshots.

I took a look at the textures files inside the aircraft folder and both envmap dds files are there, but the aircraft doesn't seem to use them.
I tried to put these files inside the main texture folder of P3D in case it would be a fallback issue but it didn't help.
Also, I'm not using the dynamic reflections of P3D.

Could you help please?

Michal - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Environment map issue

Post by Michal - A2A »

This is the correct behaviour unfortunately. Because of how realtime reflections work in Prepar3D we had to revert to the default envmap, our custom ones in the folders should be removed.

My solution to you would be to enable the realtime reflections in the options or if you don't want realtime reflections replace the default envmap with ours or your favourite one.

mkonareff
Airman Basic

Re: Environment map issue

Post by mkonareff »

Michal - A2A wrote:This is the correct behaviour unfortunately. Because of how realtime reflections work in Prepar3D we had to revert to the default envmap, our custom ones in the folders should be removed.

My solution to you would be to enable the realtime reflections in the options or if you don't want realtime reflections replace the default envmap with ours or your favourite one.
Hello Michal,

Thank you very much for your quick and clear answer, that's what I feared.
That's a pity but I understand the choice, couldn't an option between both be considered? As far as I know it's "only" a mdl setting.

I don't really like the real time reflection as they are a bit too pronounced and can also have an impact on fps. I'll use your envmap as the global one for now.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”