C182 P3Dv4 Uninstall Problem

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
iflyimpilot
Airman Basic

C182 P3Dv4 Uninstall Problem

Post by iflyimpilot »

I get an error that says "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file." whenever I attempt to uninstall the C182 add-on. This is both with and without the patch. I've tried reinstalling over the current installation in hopes of repairing anything that might have gotten corrupt but that hasn't helped.

In the Apps & Features list (Windows 10), it shows as Unavailable immediately after a fresh install.

https://imgur.com/g9C1D6g

I hit Uninstall anyway and immediately get the following "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file." error, therefore I cannot uninstall.

https://imgur.com/kRVdRyG

I am running Windows 10 64-bit. Not sure if this is causing an issue but my P3D installation (including addons) is on a separate drive (separate from OS). Any suggestions on how to fix?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 P3Dv4 Uninstall Problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know if you've run any 'clean up' utilities since installing the 182 (CCleaner or similar) which may have deleted registry entries and/or cached files associated with the installation?

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what is the actual issue you are experiencing?

A reinstall is rarely something we recommend due to issue it can cause rather than fix (or disguise an issue).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

iflyimpilot
Airman Basic

Post by iflyimpilot »

Nick M wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know if you've run any 'clean up' utilities since installing the 182 (CCleaner or similar) which may have deleted registry entries and/or cached files associated with the installation?

Thanks,
Nick
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not run any utilities at all since I noticed the problem. I've gone as far as doing a fresh reinstall of my OS (Windows 10 x64) which included a fresh reinstall of P3D v4. I think it's worth mentioning that P3D as well as the A2A C182 addon are installed on a different drive (separate from the OS). Could this be causing an issue?

iflyimpilot
Airman Basic

Post by iflyimpilot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

what is the actual issue you are experiencing?

A reinstall is rarely something we recommend due to issue it can cause rather than fix (or disguise an issue).

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis,

I simply cannot uninstall the C182 add-on. Immediately I get the "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file." error as soon as I try to uninstall via the Apps & Features menu (Windows 10 x64). I've only tried reinstalling in hopes that it would fix a missing or corrupt file (INSTALL.LOG). However I still get the same issue even after a fresh install of P3D and Windows. As I've mentioned before, P3D as well as my A2A addon are installed on a separate drive from my OS.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

so there is no issue with the software apart from the uninstall?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

iflyimpilot wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not run any utilities at all since I noticed the problem. I've gone as far as doing a fresh reinstall of my OS (Windows 10 x64) which included a fresh reinstall of P3D v4. I think it's worth mentioning that P3D as well as the A2A C182 addon are installed on a different drive (separate from the OS). Could this be causing an issue?
Having P3D and the A2A add-ons on a separate drive to the OS is very common and won't cause the issue you're describing.

However, it sounds as though some files have been deleted since you originally installed the 182. Reinstalling P3D or Windows won't be able to restore these files. That's why I wondered of you have any third-party utilities such as CCleaner installed on your system?

Thanks,
Nick

iflyimpilot
Airman Basic

Post by iflyimpilot »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

so there is no issue with the software apart from the uninstall?

thanks,
Lewis
No other issues other than not being able to uninstall it.

iflyimpilot
Airman Basic

Post by iflyimpilot »

Nick M wrote:
iflyimpilot wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply. I have not run any utilities at all since I noticed the problem. I've gone as far as doing a fresh reinstall of my OS (Windows 10 x64) which included a fresh reinstall of P3D v4. I think it's worth mentioning that P3D as well as the A2A C182 addon are installed on a different drive (separate from the OS). Could this be causing an issue?
Having P3D and the A2A add-ons on a separate drive to the OS is very common and won't cause the issue you're describing.

However, it sounds as though some files have been deleted since you originally installed the 182. Reinstalling P3D or Windows won't be able to restore these files. That's why I wondered of you have any third-party utilities such as CCleaner installed on your system?

Thanks,
Nick
No CCleaner or any third-party utilities.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”