Aircraft crashes on apron at startup

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Lucbaverey
Airman Basic

Aircraft crashes on apron at startup

Post by Lucbaverey »

When I load my A2A C182 it levitates and then crashes. this happens even if i load the P3Dv4 default aircraft first. in fact if i do the latter I get a hissing noise through my speakers.
I have the C182 loaded as a add-on and am running P3Dv4.2 with Windows 10.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Aircraft crashes on apron at startup

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

Have you made any changes within P3Dv4 which could account for this behaviour? For instance, saving a new default flight, installing a new add-on, or changing some settings?

Which aircraft loads in your default scenario in P3Dv4? (i.e. which is the rotating aircraft which is shown when you first load the sim?)

Thanks,
Nick

Lucbaverey
Airman Basic

Post by Lucbaverey »

I recently loaded PMDG Boeing 737 NGX into P3Dv4 and imported into FSiPanel where i also have A2A C182 loaded.
The default P3Dv4 aircraft is the F22-Raptor which runs with no problem. I have also run the Majestic D8 Q400 but if I load A2A C182 (cold & dark state) it starts to levitate off the ground and then moves around slowly until it crashes.
I havent changed and other settings

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The levitation issue is usually caused by a spoiler axis being mapped and the spoiler being extended. Check for the positron of your spoiler axis and make sure it remains retracted.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Oracle427 wrote:The levitation issue is usually caused by a spoiler axis being mapped and the spoiler being extended. Check for the positron of your spoiler axis and make sure it remains retracted.
Yes, that's a good point Oracle - an issue specific to FSUIPC it seems. Do you use FSUIPC5 Lucbaverey, and does the 'levitation' start during the take-off run or as soon as you load the flight?

Thanks,
Nick

Lucbaverey
Airman Basic

Post by Lucbaverey »

The resetting of the spoilers has fixed the problem. Many thanks

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”