C182 no nosewheel steering on ground - update fails

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Klm320
Airman Basic

C182 no nosewheel steering on ground - update fails

Post by Klm320 »

Hi all,

after carefully reading all threats about the "ground handling" of the cessna 182, i could not find my particular problem so decided to start a new threat.

i am experiencing the nosewheel steering problem on the ground in the cessna. i tried to follow the majority of the advice, which is to install the patch. however i am unable to install this and get the following error message: "the installer could not locate the A2A_Accusim.dll file, that should be located in your GAUGES folder..."

i would like to mention: the aircraft is visible in P3D, i can fly it, all works (F1 GTN installed) fine, but the patch will not apply due to error message. the required .dll file is clearly visible in my A2A directory.

i have:
P3D V4.2
saitek (cessna style) yoke and rudder pedals.

any advice on how to proceed?

thanks.

William.
Last edited by Klm320 on 15 May 2018, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: C182 no nosewheel steering on gorund - unable to install

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello William,

thanks for starting a new thread, its always best to do this and helps alot keep track of things.

Can you let me know where you have the aircraft installed?

Are you running the update as admin (right click select, run as admin).

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Klm320
Airman Basic

Post by Klm320 »

Helllo Lewis,

i have installed my aircraft outside the P3D folder. i have amended the addons.CFG to the correct path and all show up in P3D (as per this forum guidelines). The aircraft flies fine.

I have pointed the update executable to the same path as where the main A2A folder is copied to. ( I am running the update executable with admin rights)

it is on the same harddisk as P3D (V4.2), but outside the main P3D folder.

Klm320
Airman Basic

Post by Klm320 »

to add to my current status:

I have tried the "offline" guideline, in the hope to manually replace all the files and get the executable to work. unfortunately exact same meesage.

below a link to a picture & movie with the message, and the folder with the required dll file clearly visible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q6oDP ... avT7ZJdo6R

Also; I bought via Simmarket, but I assume this should make no difference.

:?:

thanks.

william

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 no nosewheel steering on ground - update fails

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi William,

Sorry to hear you've been having difficulties installing the update. From the video/images you've posted, I think this may be related to the fact that the installation directory in your case is called "A2ALIVEFILE" whereas the installer should automatically install within a folder which is named just "A2A".

Have you made any changes to the folder names after installation, or do you have any other software running which may be doing this?

Thanks,
Nick

Klm320
Airman Basic

Post by Klm320 »

Hello Nick,

thank you for your fast reply.

I renamed the folder to A2A....all installed and works well now...oops, will not change folder names again :oops:
glad i made a video of it :) :!:

still no rudder control though, only with autorudder on, thus steering with yoke.

Although follwing all P3D settings as per the manual, it's not working. other aircraft (non A2A) work fine. will investigate further, if almost all of us simmers get it to work, it must be me doing something wrong.

Good news is that the 1st problem is solved. :)

will keep trying stuff and fully read manual. i can always re-install, sometimes that does wonders.

thanks.

William

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi William - you're welcome.

Good to hear that the updater is functioning properly. With regards to the original problem, usually we wouldn't recommend reinstalling as an early troubleshooting step. However, if you've manually renamed any other folders/files, a clean reinstall may be worth a try.

However, before attempting this, if you have no rudder control at all please also check that your rudder axis isn't assigned to another function in the C182 Input Configurator which is available from the Windows Start Menu → A2A Simulations group.

Thanks,
Nick

Klm320
Airman Basic

Post by Klm320 »

Hello Nick,

thanks for your reply and i will check your recomendations first and report back.

I confirm that i have no rudder movement at all. to double check myself i have switched planes to the standard P3D aircraft ánd Carenado/Alabeo aircraft and there it works. i have full rudder control. switching to outside view confirms that the rudder is not physically moving on the A2A 182, but they are on any other aircraft. must be a setting wrong on my part.

will keep you updated on the progress.

William

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks William,

One other thing I forgot to mention is that it may be worth checking the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) and or pre-flight inspection (Shift 8) for any simulated faults such as a jammed rudder hinge or actuator.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”