No Sound in VC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
starseed
Airman Basic

No Sound in VC

Post by starseed »

Hi guys,
I have no sound in the interior of the cockpit outside is fine;
Cant figure this out. I read all the other posts on the subject and tried all the suggestions. Ran the simconnect, checked the volume on Shift+3 even loaded [Open LP] program and ran the latest update from 10/17. Now it was working just fine,however did a clean install after
that no sound only in the interior of the plane. All other aircraft work fine only A2A C182.I see may others have had this issue too why is this happening. What is going on ? Please help.....

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: No Sound in VC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi starseed,

Welcome to the A2A forums. New posts have to be manually approved by one of the forum admins because of problems with Spambots, which is probably why you've posted a few times about this.

The internal (Accu-Sim) engine sounds play through your default Windows audio playback device, so it may be worth making sure that this device is plugged-in and switched-on. It's possible other sound effects are being directed to a different playback device in the P3D audio settings.

Please can you also let us know which host simulator you have the 182 installed to?

Thanks,
Nick

starseed
Airman Basic

Post by starseed »

First off sorry about the double post.I never saw the first one so assumed it didn't take. I have checked and read previous post on this matter and as I said tied everything first then started a topic. All l my other aircraft work fine except the A2A C182. I even changed the the sound file put in one of my TSS piston sounds and that works just fine. I want to know why this plane is specific to this issue. Maybe you can post a screen shot of the exact item you are taking about to see if I my have missed something. By the way I am a audio engineer by trade and know sound quite well, this is new to me. Thank for your input thus far. Thanks

Running: P3Dv4.2 with latest update + GTN750

Maybe you can delete the duplicate post below this one thnx.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

starseed wrote: I want to know why this plane is specific to this issue.
This'll probably be because the Accu-Sim aircraft use a custom dynamic sound engine which plays through the default audio device in Windows. To check/change which audio device is set as default in Windows 10 please see the following information: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-cha ... dio-device.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. I'll ask Lewis the forum mod to delete the duplicate posts. :wink:

starseed
Airman Basic

Post by starseed »

http://puu.sh/AAyQM/e351ffe997.jpg

as I mentioned previously I have all my setting set to default . Is there a known fix for this why does it happen to so many people . Solution??

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

In the majority of cases starseed, it's because the default Windows audio device isn't actually active or turned on. Either that, or the volume is turned down in Shift 3.

However, sometimes (recent example here) it may be because people have tried to install inside the Prepar3D v4 directory. Please can you let us know which directory you've installed the C182 to? Also, did you use the new installer from A2A's store? (One that looks like this.)

Thanks,
Nick

starseed
Airman Basic

Post by starseed »

Nick ,
Thanks for the help ! I did install the aircraft in a location outside of P3Dv4.2 and the sound interior sound is back. Issue resolved ! Thanks again for your time.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome starseed - pleased to hear that you're back in business and thank you for posting to let us know. :)

Nick

Madhu
Airman Basic

Post by Madhu »

I'm running fsx se on windows 10. Today my Cessna 182 crashed and when I rebooted, it had zero hr's and no engine and cockpit sounds. ATC and others sounds seems to be working fine. I even reinstalled a2a182. Still no sound. Shift 3 volume is on high and fsx sound volumes all on high. Though I don't fly anything else, I tried the stock planes. They seem to be working fine with sound. I've gone though the other posts but could not solve this issue. Can anyone help. Thanks.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Madhu wrote:I'm running fsx se on windows 10. Today my Cessna 182 crashed and when I rebooted, it had zero hr's and no engine and cockpit sounds. ATC and others sounds seems to be working fine. I even reinstalled a2a182. Still no sound. Shift 3 volume is on high and fsx sound volumes all on high. Though I don't fly anything else, I tried the stock planes. They seem to be working fine with sound. I've gone though the other posts but could not solve this issue. Can anyone help. Thanks.
Hello,

if you can start a new thread we can then help you troubleshoot your issue and get you up and flying. A flight load error appears to be the issue, we advise against reinstalling on the first hurdle as it can often cause more issues or work, in this case the updates will need to do done after some manual deletion of files which we can go over in your new thread.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”