Uninstalling Aircraft

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jhciv
Airman Basic

Uninstalling Aircraft

Post by jhciv »

Hello,

I am trying to uninstall my old P3D V4 aircraft and reinstall with the new installers.

I cannot find a way to uninstall.

I've tried the windows program, CCleaner and the "unwise" in the aircraft folders.

This problem affects all my A2A V4 products.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Uninstalling Aircraft

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi jhciv and welcome to the forums.

If you're seeing this message when you try to uninstall with the old C182 installer, the following steps will hopefully help you to uninstall successfully.
  1. Open a command prompt (you can access the command prompt by right clicking the Windows 10 Start Button).
  2. Type in the following command and press enter: cd C:\Users\[YourUserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\Cessna182
  3. Then type the following command and press enter: unwise.exe wos_c182.log
Note that the path shown above is the default installation path, so you may need to customise it if you installed to a different location. The image below shows these commands for my installation:

Please can you let us know if this works, and which other A2A products you have installed.

Thanks,
Nick

jhciv
Airman Basic

Post by jhciv »

Nick,

Thank you. That did the trick.

In addition to the C182, I have the L049, Comanche250 and T-6 installed. I will attempt to delete the other three using the method above.

The .log file is not visible in any of the folders. If the UnWise is executed it brings up a dialog which is unable to see the file even when shown the path. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again for your assistance on this.

(subtle hint:B-36, F8F)

jhciv
Airman Basic

Post by jhciv »

okay

Tried to remove Connie

Got error message it couldn't find install.log file

I tried cots_L049.log which I assume was not the correct name.

So the correct file names for the 250, T-6 and Connie please.

Thanks

jhciv
Airman Basic

Post by jhciv »

Never mind

Got it figured out.

All done.

Take care

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's great jhciv. Was just about to tell you that for the Comanche it's unwise.exe co250.log but that I'd have to get back to you on the others because I don't have them on my system. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Gladius
Airman

Post by Gladius »

jhciv wrote:Never mind

Got it figured out.

All done.

Take care
I'm having the exact same issue. Care to share how you figured it out?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Gladius,

Apologies for the trouble you've had with the previous uninstallers. If you can let me know exactly which products you have installed, I'll try to provide the specific commands for each which you'll need to type into the command prompt.

However, basically it's a case of finding the name of the *.log file for each A2A product in the "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\A2A\[Aircraft Name]" directory, then typing in the command "unwise.exe" followed by a space and then this filename as shown in step 3 above using the example of the 18.
Nick - A2A wrote:3. Then type the following command and press enter: unwise.exe wos_c182.log
In step 2, you'll need to make sure the appropriate aircraft folder name is entered correctly too.

Thanks,
Nick

TimAdam
Airman Basic

Post by TimAdam »

I would like to uninstall the A2A C172 P3Dv4 Professional aircraft that I have (I purchased it October 2018) and download the latest version of the aircraft that is available.

1). What is the date on the file(s) for the latest version of this aircraft?

2). I purchased the aircraft on SimMarket and from a previous message on this forum, I understand that to get the new version of the aircraft I need to download again my order directly from SimMarket.

3). In order to install the updated version of the aircraft, the SimMarket webpage indicates that I must first uninstall the existing version of the (A2A C172 Trainer) aircraft. However this forum thread indicates that I must use unwise
and that I will need to first find the directory path where a file with a name that looks something like ***C172.log is located. However I have searched my computer and cannot find such a file. I only found two files with both C172 and .log in their filename:
C172 Input Configurator.exe.log
C172 Aircraft Configurator.exe.log

So how should I move forward to get this done?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Tim,

The current installers for P3Dv4 were released in May of 2018 so if you purchased in October, chances are you already have the most recent version.

The latest C172 P3Dv4 Professional.exe is dated 25/05/2018 and versioned 18.4.22.0. However, if your PC is connected to the internet, on install it will offer to download and install the latest update taking it to the latest version, currently 19.12.27.0.

You can check the version number in the Windows list of installed programs (Settings → Apps).

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”