Cessna 182 / FSUIPC (mouse macro)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Cessna 182 / FSUIPC (mouse macro)

Post by Skrbaq »

Hello there.

Is it truth that A2A products (C182 in my case) are not compatible with FSUIPC's mouse macro option? And - if possible, how to make it work? I just wanna assign panel switches and buttons to my keyboard. For example - I can assign only landing and strobe lights but it isn't enough for me.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cessna 182 / FSUIPC (mouse macro)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Skrbaq,

Instead of using mouse macros, you'll achieve better results using simple text macros. Nearly every custom function can be controlled in this way by using the relevant local variable (L:Var). More information on this is provided in the FSUIPC advanced documentation.

A list of the most useful L:Vars for the Accu-SIm 182 can be downloaded from here.

If you prefer a simplified approach to custom control functions, I recommend you check out the free 'LINDA' add-on for FSUIPC too: http://fs-linda.com/.

Thanks,
Nick

Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Post by Skrbaq »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Skrbaq,

Instead of using mouse macros, you'll achieve better results using simple text macros. Nearly every custom function can be controlled in this way by using the relevant local variable (L:Var). More information on this is provided in the FSUIPC advanced documentation.

A list of the most useful L:Vars for the Accu-SIm 182 can be downloaded from here.

If you prefer a simplified approach to custom control functions, I recommend you check out the free 'LINDA' add-on for FSUIPC too: http://fs-linda.com/.

Thanks,
Nick
Thanks Nick,
LINDA kinda looks manageable for me (L:Var looks completely strange) but there is no Cessna 182, only 172. I am looking to add "NEW" model, not sure how to do that but I hope I will figure it out soon. Thank you once again.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. You may find the Linda forum on Avsim is the best place to post any questions if you decide to take this approach. https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/.

Cheers,
Nick

Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Post by Skrbaq »

Nick - A2A wrote:You're welcome. You may find the Linda forum on Avsim is the best place to post any questions if you decide to take this approach. https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/424-linda/.

Cheers,
Nick
I just found out LINDA works only for joystick and similar devices with buttons and switches. I need to assign panel switches to my keyboard. Damn, mouse macro looks so easy, why it doesn't work...? :)

Are you familiar with custom control option? And where to find ID numbers for specific controls for my A2A C182? I guess it could help me.
Last edited by Skrbaq on 18 Jun 2018, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Have you checked out the A2A Input Configurator for the 182 Skrbaq? This includes quite a lot of useful functions and can be used with keyboard or joystick. It's very simple to use too.

Text macros are pretty straightforward too. I'll see if I can dig out a tutorial thread at some point.

Thanks,
Nick

Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Post by Skrbaq »

Nick - A2A wrote:Have you checked out the A2A Input Configurator for the 182 Skrbaq? This includes quite a lot of useful functions and can be used with keyboard or joystick. It's very simple to use too.

Text macros are pretty straightforward too. I'll see if I can dig out a tutorial thread at some point.

Thanks,
Nick
Where can I find Input Configurator? All those things are new for me.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

It's available from the Windows Start Menu → A2A Simulations group. Just double-click on the relevant entries to assign them to a keyboard key.

Nick

Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Post by Skrbaq »

Yeah, found it. There are options for autopilot mostly, not what I am looking for. Anyway, appreciate your time and help.

Stay safe!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem. As I say, just about everything in the cockpit is controllable via simple text macros and L:vars. If you give me an example of one custom function you'd like to assign, I should be able to show you how to do it. Might be a couple of days before I can do this though, depending on workload.

Cheers,
Nick

Skrbaq
Airman Basic

Post by Skrbaq »

I will try on my own, no worries. If I can't find solution within 2 days, I will come back here. Really appreciate your time.

Stay safe, Nick!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. :) You may find the info and links I posted here helpful. This relates to the "button and switches" page in FSUIPC, but exactly the same principal applies for the "key presses" page.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”