How to uninstall? (for P3D v4)

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Turner
Airman

How to uninstall? (for P3D v4)

Post by Turner »

I know it seems like a basic question here...

Just got up & running on the new store.

I see in the instructions to uninstall "the old stuff" - and I see people "uninstalling" - but don't see an installer in Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Would rather not screw up the installation - can someone tell me which components need to be "uninstalled" and where they are?

thanks
Andrew

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: How to uninstall? (for P3D v4)

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Andrew,

The very first batch of A2A installers for Prepar3D v4 didn't include uninstallers, so it sounds like you used one of those.

In this case, it's just a case of manually deleting the following directory:
  • Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A
Then I'd advise you launch Prepar3D once to refresh its add-ons.cfg files before installing with the new installer(s). The existing state of your aircraft will be preserved as this is stored in "Documents\A2A\FSX\Cessna182".

Thanks,
Nick

Turner
Airman

Post by Turner »

Morning Nick - Thanks for the quick reply!

FYI I have three drives; C is my startup, P3D is installed in E.

When installing, I got the message

"Warning 1946. Property \System.AppUserModel.StartPinOption' for shortcut 'C182 Pilot's Manual P3D4.lnk' could not be set."

It seemed to indicate that it installed correctly, then after checking DirectX (which was not needed), it checked for updates, which returned this error:

Checking for Updates - It was not possible to connect to the revocation server or a definitive response could not be obtained.

Otherwise, seems to be working fine. Will be setting it up for the RXP gauges next.

[edit] Installed the 530+430. Holy cow that was the easiest RXP installation I've ever done. You guys rock.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Andrew,

I haven't seen either of those messages reported before, but I just Googled the first one and it doesn't seem to be anything to worry about: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... ckage-in-w.

For the second message "It was not possible to connect to the revocation server (...)" I'm wondering if something like a firewall could be the culprit. Do you have any security software installed that may be blocking the update tool?

Thanks,
Nick

Turner
Airman

Post by Turner »

Hi Nick,

No, nothing seems to be blocked. Typically I'll get an alert if there's something being blocked.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Andrew.

Do you see the same message if you run the "C182 Check For Updates P3D4" shortcut from the Windows Start Menu? (At the time of writing there aren't any updates available, but just wondering why the updater isn't connecting in your case.)

Nick

Turner
Airman

Post by Turner »

That worked fine!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's interesting. :?

At least you can check for updates anyway. And all the other Start Menu shortcuts work as expected?

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”