C182 Installation error on P3D4.3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Jetpilot82
Airman

C182 Installation error on P3D4.3

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Hello,

I deleted all aircraft according to your instruction, updated P3D to 4.3, and tried to install the Pipers, C 172 and 182 with the new intallers, but after hitting "Install" it imediately stopped with the message "The Installation has ended prematurely due to an error"

I used the Standard Location on C\documents. I use Win 7 Home 64 bit

when I Change it to my prefered Location on my P3D drive, the installation never starts without any message, and you have to abord it.

I deleted all remaining A2A files and Folders.

Only one idea... when I installed the Aircrafts into V4.1 months ago, I could no choose a new location for the 172, and then I copied it after Installation manuelly to my other Location and chanced Addon.xml entires (other aircrafts worked fine with intaller) so that, I was not able to uninstall the C172 this time, so I deleted it manuelly. Could this cause a problem?

Best,
Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 Installation error on P3D4.3

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Marc,

Sorry to hear you had some problems installing your A2A products. Did you originally download the new installers a while ago? If so, I recommend you re-download them (a small change was made in terms of error reporting) and try the installation again.

The reason for not being able to choose a new installation for the 172 is probably because some files were left over after uninstallation of the old products, or because you didn't launch Prepar3D between the uninstallation and the new reinstallation. This is necessary to allow the software to refresh its "add-ons.cfg" files. More info here.

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Hello Nick,

Yes, I've read about the small Change, so the installer is just some days old.

I launched P3D, the addons.cfg was cleared before Installation.
I even updated my Win 7 with all new updates... so I actually out of any further ideas.

As an intermediate solution, I just installed the old installer Versions again into 4.3... this works so far, but it would prevent me, from using your new Bonanza when it's being released, as far as I understand, you can not use the old and new installer together?

Best,
Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the added info.

The next thing to check is are you logged into your PC as the administrator?

It's the first time I recall seeing this error reported, so I'll do a bit more investigation into what's going on here. To help with this, please can you navigate to the following (hidden) directory...

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Local\Temp

...Where you should find a MSI????.log file corresponding to the failed installation, where ???? are randomly-generated characters. If you can upload a copy of this log file to a file sharing service and post the link here I'll take a look.

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Yes, Im Admin (only have one Win account with auto Login) all other Addon Intallers are working fine.

I found This log file, just have to figure out, where to upload...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marc - I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Hey,

I already loaded it up (MSI47DD.LOG)... here is the link:

https://filehorst.de/d/cvfAxqwl

Thanks!

Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Marc,

The installer log shows the issue is caused when a script which checks the installation path isn't able to run. Do you have any antivirus or other security software running during installation, and if so, which one(s)?

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

I'm using Norton Anti Virus and Firewall, but I always disabling it during any Installation. But you can not completely Close, just disable, but this is even enough for the very sensitive FSL Airbus installer :D

Win Defender is completely disabled on my System. There is also Anti Malwarebytes installed, but the Auto Scan Routine and program itself, is also permanently disabled.

Cheers
Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Marc,

Do you have any other 'PC optimisation' type utilities running on your system? I'm still trying to track down a likely culprit for this. It's odd - this issue hasn't been reported before, but coincidentally one other customer reported the same thing this week.

Also, did you download direct from A2A or from another store?

Cheers,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

direct from A2A.

I've TuneUp Utilities 2010 running, but it never caused any Problem during any Installation.
I guess, no other optimisation Software.

edit: I just gave it a try with TuneUp disabled, unfortunately, it didn't work.

Cheers
Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for trying that Marc,

Following on from discussions in the other thread I linked above, there's something else you can try from the suppliers of the installer software.
1. Register the following DLL files from an administrator Command Prompt:

Code: Select all

regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
regsvr32.exe -i shell32.dll
Restart the machine after registration if the issue still persists.

2. The scripts might be blocked by the antivirus, so you can try to disable it during the installation.

3. Register the Windows Installer service:

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /regserver
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /regserver
More info on how to do this can be found here if it's needed.

If this doesn't work, you could also try the Microsoft hotfix here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... 3006226-in.

I'd be interested to hear if either of these methods are successful if you get the chance to try them.

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Hi Nick,

I tried to install the Hotfix, but it says, I've it already installed.

I did Register all this DLLs as instructed, but no success! I don't know/understand how to exactly Register the last thing...

3. Register the Windows Installer service:

C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /regserver
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msiexec.exe /regserver

When I type in this in the CMD window, nothing happens!

Best
Marc

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Marc.

Don't worry too much about that last step. Chances are it won't help much if you tried running the installer after reregistering oleaut32.dll.

I'll see if there's any further info on this I can track down. However, it seems to be a very rare issue: so far only two reports from customers.

Thanks,
Nick

Jetpilot82
Airman

Post by Jetpilot82 »

Ok thanks!

Maybe it would be easier, if A2A would tailor another, less sensitve installer, for people with Problems, if possible?

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”