A2A Cessna 172/182 shuts down P3D after loading.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
sage
Airman First Class

A2A Cessna 172/182 shuts down P3D after loading.

Post by sage »

A2A's Cessna's 172/182 and Mil Viz Cessna 310 problems loading in P3D v4.2
For no apparent reason when I load either the 172 or 182, the aircraft will load the information bar, with a black screen for a few seconds then it shuts down P3D. The Mil Viz 310 loads then all I see is a pilot seating in a seat off the ground, no airplane. The system has been working just fine until yesterday.
My response: I uninstalled the 310 and reinstalled, that fixed the problem. However, I tried the same procedure to the 172 and 182, no change.
Nothing was done to the operating platform (P3D v4.2). I haven't a clue as to what caused this. All the rest of the aircraft are fine: Just Flight, Carenado and Lockeed's default aircraft load normally.
P3D first loads Lockheed's default aircraft (Baron).
Any suggestions?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A Cessna 172/182 shuts down P3D after loading.

Post by Nick - A2A »

I suggest you back up the "Prepar3D.cfg" file (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4) and "standard.xml" file (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls) then delete them.

This will cause the sim to launch with its default flight and default settings. If this resolves the problem, it'll give you a clue where to start looking.

Thanks,
Nick

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Hi, Nick
I did NOT find the files you stated to delete so I uninstalled the P3D v4.2 and reinstalled P3D v4.3. I did not realize this is a new version. After install, the same problem still existed, then I realized that maybe the APP files are hidden, they are.
I deleted the files as per your suggestion and the A2A 172 worked perfectly but the 182's cockpit engine noise is silent. On takeoff I hear the tire noise but no engine noise. If I change views there is no sound in left view (pitot tube left wing view), but in the remaining views, I do here the engine. Strange!

All remaining aircraft are working perfectly.

Note: None of my Flight1 GPSs work. I realize this is not your company, but I thought I'd mention it.

What should I do next: is there a button that needs to be clicked in the 182 or reinstall P3D v4.2 (if that's possible) and then retry your suggestion?
Pat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Pat,

Yes, sorry - should have mentioned those files are hidden by default. Anyway, good to hear that you're able to load your A2A aircraft successfully after deleting them. For the missing internal sounds in the 182, I recommend you start by checking the little volume + / - control at bottom left of the Shift 3 menu.

I don't own the F1 GPS products myself, but I think you may need to update them after switching from Prepar3D v4.2 to v4.3. You should be able to get more advice on their support forum.

Thanks,
Nick

sage
Airman First Class

Post by sage »

Hi, Nick
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The sound was OFF so as per your suggestion (shift + 3), I moved the slider all the way to the right. Everything is working, but I will have to contact Flight1 because my GPSs are not working with the new P3D v4.3.

Thanks again for your advice. I love your website; lots to learn from it.
Pat

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”