Another Nose wheel steering topic

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
bsmavollan
Airman Basic

Another Nose wheel steering topic

Post by bsmavollan »

Hi

Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or just use one of the many already existing, anyways.

Running P3D v4.3.
Saitek Pro rudder pedals and Pro Yoke system with single TQ.
Nose wheel steering on my Skylane is not working as expected.

The following has been observed:

- No steering on ground.
- Rudder deflects by when moving the pedals, and it works airborne.
-Sometimes only steers to the right with full wheel turn. (Turning in to parking was quicker to do a 270 right turn than trying to do a left turn.
- Get a little more wheel over when using diff. brakes.

The following has been tried: (I googled, and searched through this forum before making my own thread)
- Nothing seen on walk around, checked hangar for errors, done full overhaul,
- My only install was bought one month ago from your new store.
- My version number is 18.4.22.0
- Tried applying the latest accusim patch, even though this was the same version number as the one already installed.
- Tried to reinstall the Skylane. Removed all leftovers and rebooted P3D and computer before reinstalling
- Default flight is the standard default
- If loading default flight, I have ground steering, when changing to C182 nose wheel steering is gone.
Best Regards

Bjørn Helge

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Another Nose wheel steering topic

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

can you please let us know in what way the steering is not working and if you have mapped your controls via the sim and checked A2A 182 input configuration for a stray mapping. etc

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi bsmavollan,

Just to add to Lewis's comments, it's worth noting that the A2A Cessnas simulate the fact that the nose wheel is connected to the rudder pedals mechanism via bungees rather than a direct mechanical linkage. This means that to make tight turns on the taxiway or into parking spots, you will need to use differential braking.

I'm wondering if you're just used to other products which model a more sophisticated nose wheel steering system. It's also worth noting that a few add-on light aircraft will allow full and precise control of nose wheel steering even if this isn't realistic in real life.

Alternative, as Lewis suggests, it could be a bit of a hardware mapping conflict.

Thanks,
Nick

bsmavollan
Airman Basic

Post by bsmavollan »

Hi again

It's not working in the manner that either:

It only turns right, not at all or with an enormous turn radius. When once in a while I can turn right I don't need diff brakes to see the turn start, the diff brake only gives a really nice and tight turn.

I usually map all my axis through FSUIPC, but with this problem I have tried both FSUIPC and P3D default controls

I have nothing mapped through the Input configurator.
Best Regards

Bjørn Helge

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bjørn,

Do you have a large null zone set up for your rudder axis? That or assigning low sensitivity via P3D (or using the 'slope' function in FSUIPC) may explain why the steering is particularly unresponsive in your case.

Thanks,
Nick

Lowflyer48
Airman Basic

Post by Lowflyer48 »

I'm having exactly the same trouble with steering the aircraft. The rudder works fine with my pedals and my joystick but the nose won't turn even with the null zone at 0 and maximum sensitivity. It used to turn on a dime before I downloaded and installed the v4 version just an hour or so ago having followed all the instructions to the letter.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Lowflyer,

Please can you let us know if you're using the new installer for Prepar3D v4, or an old one previously downloaded from your account? (The new one will show version 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.)

Thanks,
Nick

Lowflyer48
Airman Basic

Post by Lowflyer48 »

Hi Nick
Thanks for your reply. The direct answer to your question is that in Windows 7, in Programs and Features, the C182 file shows no version number at all so from what you say, I assume the zipfile I downloaded and installed is the old one and doesn't contain the new installer.
I purchased the P3D version from FlightSimStore.com in 2016 and ran it on v3.1. The recently download zipfile - mentioned above, contains installers for both the v3 and v4 versions. I have dropped FlightSimStore an email asking if the re-download facility has the latest installer and if the resulting download is therefore the latest version.
I'm currently waiting for a response and failing an afirmative reply, I presume it would be easier to just purchase a brand-new aircraft direct from the A2A Store.
I hope this all makes sense.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Lowflyer48,

Yes, that's all useful information. Unfortunately the FlightSim Store seems to be in some difficulty and currently isn't responding to requests by its customers or updating their products. Because of this we've taken the unusual step of allowing their customers to transfer purchases to the A2A store upon receipt of proof of purchase. I'm not able to do that myself, but if you send a PM to "Lewis - A2A" with details of your FSS purchase, he should be able to help you out.

When it comes to reinstalling with the new installer from A2A's store, please can you follow the advice in this thread on a clean install for a trouble-free update.

Best regards,
Nick

rodaust
Airman Basic

Post by rodaust »

Hi Guys,
I have the same problem with the nose wheel steering and have tried to contact flight sim store to find out what version they have sold me. It does not list any version in Apps & features. The install is going onto a new computer that has nothing on it flight sim wise. I have spent the last few days trying to work thru it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Rod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rod - welcome to the A2A forums.

As mentioned above, unfortunately the FlightSim Store seems to be in some difficulty and currently isn't responding to requests by its customers or updating their products.

Now you've had your first post with us approved, please can you send a PM to "Lewis - A2A" as described above with details/proof of purchase from FSS. Before doing so, you'll also need to a create an account on our store page (if you haven't already done this) so that Lewis has somewhere to transfer the FSS purchases to. Please can you also include the email address you use for this account in your message to Lewis.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

I'm all up to date as of the date and time of this post, so get registered on the A2A Store and send me a PM and ill get you up and flying asap.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rodaust
Airman Basic

Post by rodaust »

Lewis and team. Thank you very much for your help. The file downloaded from your site fixed the problem. Other companies can learn about customer service from you.

Regards

Rod C

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rod - happy to hear you're back in business and thanks for the update. :)

Nick

JJMX
Airman Basic

Post by JJMX »

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem as the others P3Dv4 re no steering on A2A c182 Ive downloaded again from FSS and followed your clean install instructions twice but its still the same. Can I follow the advice you gave Nick for creating an account and get the latest update from you. I also bought the T6 from them.

Thanks
John

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”