KAP140 Autopilot

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

KAP140 Autopilot

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

Good morning. I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question so feel free to move it if need be.

I just recently made a push button panel to resemble the KAP140 autopilot on my dash. I didn't mimic the knobs as I use the knobs on my Saitek Radio Panel for that. I am running FSX.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5C21A2E1

I gutted an old Logictech Extreme 3D Pro and interfaced the switches to my buttons. I used SPAD.Next to assign everybody a function.
I noticed while doing this that there are no FSX keystrokes assigned to AP "ARM" or AP "BARO". It kind of defeats the purpose of wiring up these two switches.

Is there a way through A2A aircraft.cfg or somewhere that I can use to create a couple custom keystrokes? Or is there a little known fact somewhere that it can be done from within FSX itself?

Thanks for your help.
Roger

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: KAP140 Autopilot

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Roger,

The simplest way for you to assign the custom autopilot commands is using the "C182 Input Configurator". This is available via a shortcut in the Windows Start Menu → A2A Simulations group. For best results, I recommend that you assign all your autopilot buttons using this tool.

More advanced options are available using the payware FSUIPC4 software to interact directly with local panel variables (L:Vars) but in your case, the Input Configurator should do exactly what you need.

Thanks,
Nick

CessnaSkypilotN7365W
Senior Airman

Post by CessnaSkypilotN7365W »

COOL!!
Worked like a charm. :D
I had no clue that was even in the start menu. Shows you how much I see the start menu. :lol:
I have everything I use pinned to the task bar. Never hit 'start' until it's bedtime for the sim.

Thank you Nick!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome Roger and nice work on the DIY hardware. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”