And once more: Steering Wheel an P3D V4.3

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Oxensepp
Airman Basic

And once more: Steering Wheel an P3D V4.3

Post by Oxensepp »

Hi,
as mentioned above, the steering whel doesn't work properly. I've defined an axis via FSUIP but it steers only a few, just a little itzi bit.
The plane has a turning cycle of about 1 mile, I guess.

What to do?

There was mentioned a patch in some topics - but I can't find it...?

Thank you.

Greets from Germany
Stephan

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: And once more: Steering Wheel an P3D V4.3

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

are you using the new P3Dv4 installers?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Stephan - welcome to the A2A forums.

Yes, as Lewis says, if you download the new 182 installer for P3Dv4 and perform a clean reinstall of the aircraft, you'll benefit from the latest product updates. These include a fix for the ground handling issue which Lockheed Martin introduced with P3Dv4.1 when they changed some angular units in the simulator code.

There's more info on obtaining the new installers here, and some tips on reinstalling can be found here.

Thanks,
Nick

Oxensepp
Airman Basic

Post by Oxensepp »

Hi,
thank you so far.

I've uninstalled my two A2A Planes as adviced and after re-installing the C182 it seems that the C182 installation is okay now. The problem with the steering wheel is now gone.

But there is another problem: My second A2A plane is a Comanche 250 - originally bought in 2016. I've downloaded it once again a few days ago and it comes with an own directory for P3D V4 - which I choose - of course. But every time I install this plane, the C182 is lost for P3D afterwards. To repair this I have to uninstall both and re-install (only) the C 182 again. But I would not like to let the Comanche go.

Do you have any ideas?

Although the Comanche Files are especially for "P3D V4" and were downloaesd only a few days ago, it seems that this plane has another installer...?

Best regards
Stephan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Stephan,

Please can you confirm if you're using the new installers for both the C182 and the Comanche? If you are, both will show the version number 18.4.22.0 in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

The same version number can also be verified in the file properties of the installer .exe file itself.

Thanks,
Nick

Oxensepp
Airman Basic

Post by Oxensepp »

Hello Nick,

no, they don't show the same version number. The C182 # is "18.4.22.0", the Comanche_P3Dv4_Academic.exe "1.0.0.0" - I downloaded it once again, just one minute ago from the old web store. It's the old installer, I assume.

I hope you can help?

Best regards
Stephan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Stephan,

Yes, that's the old installer for the Comanche. To get hold of the new one, you'll need to get your account on the old web store transferred to the new store. The link I posted above (this one) gives more details on how to go about this.

It just involves filling out a short Google form with the relevant email address(es) so that Lewis can transfer your account and award you some 'A2A Flying Hours'.

Thanks,
Nick

Oxensepp
Airman Basic

Post by Oxensepp »

Hi Nick,

okay, thank you. I've filled out the Google form - and I'm hoping for a soon respond.

Regards

Stephan

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”