Thrilled, first failed mag check!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
SeniorCessnaPilot
Airman Basic

Thrilled, first failed mag check!

Post by SeniorCessnaPilot »

Sorry, I am getting excited about something I just experienced in the a2a Skylane. After about 8 hours Hobbs time, I was 'playing' on the ground doing a mag check, both, left right than back to both. I swear I am flying a real engine!!! Both mags failed, running really rough, so from my (c152) memory I leaned out the mixture and ran the engine at 2000 RPMs for 1 minute, not sure if the numbers are exactly according to spec, then the mags were back to normal! How much more realistic can this get? :) for those of us who were flying rental AC, this is pure gold! BTW, sometimes fouled plugs cannot be cleared up this way, then you cancel your flight and find something else to do, in this case, can I change plugs?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Thrilled, first failed mag check!

Post by Tomas Linnet »

just go to the maintenance hangar and your mechanic will tell you he cleaned the plugs.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

SeniorCessnaPilot
Airman Basic

Thank you very much!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello SCP - welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for the post.

Another thing which you can do in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) is switch between 'massive' and 'fine wire' spark plugs. The latter are significantly less prone to fouling.

Cheers,
Nick

SeniorCessnaPilot
Airman Basic

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello SCP - welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for the post.

Another thing which you can do in the maintenance hangar (Shift 7) is switch between 'massive' and 'fine wire' spark plugs. The latter are significantly less prone to fouling.

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks for that Nick, just changed them out! This is a wonderful airplane, you guys have done a great job! Now just need to upgrade my computer and get all the latest scenery for the best VFR experience.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome and thanks for the kind words. Great to hear that you're enjoying the Skylane. :D

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”