Can’t find installers!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Lee1963
Airman

Can’t find installers!

Post by Lee1963 »

Getting back into flight sim after a year or so away. Purchased P3D v4.3 and redownloaded my C182 from flightsimstore. It came with a v4 installer. Ran it and the plane installed fine. But, the nosewheel will not work. Been through all the forum posts about this. Apparently I need a new installer that should be in the A2A store. Registered in the store. There is no link to new installers. Perhaps because I purchased all my products through FSS. I don’t know. Running out of patience trying to figure out how to fix my problem.

On a side note, I realize flight sim setup is complicated but this is getting silly. Should be simpler.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Can’t find installers!

Post by Oracle427 »

Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, unfortunately The FlightSimStore seems to be in trouble: they've stopped providing updates to their customers and responding to developers. However, we're doing our best to help customers who purchased A2A products from them: please follow the advice in the thread Oracle linked above get hold of the latest installers.

Thanks,
Nick

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Unfortunately, This does not help. I am looking for new installers that A2A says themselves should be available in the "store". If they are free, why are they not listed there? Are the installers the actual aircraft files that are for purchase, or are they updating type files that can be freely downloaded to update our current installed aircraft?

And the file I downloaded from FSS included a file for installing the P3D v4 version. That tells me there is an update somewhere that will fix the nose wheel issue.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The new installers aren't free but install the full product. They were distributed to third-party retailers earlier this year, but as mentioned, FSS is failing to update products on their website.

However, if you register a new account on the A2A store (assuming you don't already have one) and send a PM to "Lewis - A2A" with your proof of purchase from FSS, he'll be able to transfer your FSS purchases to your A2A account.

Thanks,
Nick

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Wow. I guess I should feel lucky I was able to download the C182 at all. I tried to download all my Orbx stuff but all the links FSS provide to do so are broken. That's close to $200 worth of software. :(

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Provided you have the original FSS order number, you should be able to download your Orbx software direct using the Orbx FTX Central tool. I recommend you check Orbx's site/support forums for advice on how to go about this.

Thanks,
Nick

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Thanks. I will get this C182 updated and working correctly before tackling the Orbx maze (Base, Vector, PNW and other freebies). I've contacted lewis about porting my C182 from FSS to A2A and gave him my order number. Thanks all for the info. I was confused about what an installer actually does lol.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

No problem. I'm sure Lewis will let you know if he needs any further info.

Thanks,
Nick

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

I was able to transfer my Orbx stuff to their own store very easily. And theyr'e having a Halloween sale right now with 25-50% off certain products. Got KVUO for half off! Now to get home from work and install all of it! C'mon clock...go faster!

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Ok, so thanks to the staff at A2A, they populated my store with the new installers for my Skylane. I downloaded it and ran the install. No problem. Go to fly the plane and the nosewheel still will not turn with the rudder, at any speed. The plane turns better now than with the older version and steers as it should but the nosewheel stays straight. It seems to be a simple animation problem.

Any leads into what causes this and a fix? TIA.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Nosewheel steering isn't terribly responsive or direct in the Cessnas because a bungee cord rather than a direct mechanical linkage is used.

If you apply differential braking and rudder input, do you see the nose wheel visibly turn? (It should still visibly turn without differential braking, but less than in default GA aircraft or the A2A Pipers for example.)

Thanks,
Nick

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

No the nosewheel does not move under any circumstances. I would expect it to turn while in flight since there is no resistance but nope. I can watch my plane turn on the ground and the nosewheel stays perfectly straight. I have also just last night uninstalled, deleted any and all folders and files related to A2A, restarted my comp, ran P3D and exited and then re-installed the C182 with the new installer from my new store account. Still no movement from the nosewheel.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The the best of my knowledge, Cessna 172 and 182 nosewheels do not turn in flight by design. They have a disconnect when the strut is extended past a certain point.

The ground steering issue you are having could be the result of an improperly updated P3D installation. Can you verify your installation versions, both client and application versions need to be verified. There was a change introduced in an earlier version of P3D and it sounds like your versions may actually be older than 4.3.

As per Poppet:
You can launch Prepar3D, Click Help > About Lockheed Martin, Here you can confirm what version of Prepar3D v4 you have Installed
Also check and confirm the Client version number in your System Control Panel.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

I have the latest versions of both the C182 and P3D. You may be right about the nosewheel not turning in flight but what about the fin on the back of the wheel pant? Seems to me like it aids in turning in the air. Anyway it seems like this is just an animation problem now. The plane turns on the ground like it should.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”