Can’t find installers!

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Can’t find installers!

Post by Oracle427 »

The wheel and the fairing attached to it do not turn in the air. The rudder does not make the plane turn, it is the horizontal component of lift that makes the airplane turn. A properly coordinated aircraft would not benefit from having a wheel turned sideways into the oncoming airlfow. Turning the wheel to the side would only increase drag and un-coordinate the turn.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

You are probably right about that but does the nosewheel turn when on the ground when the pedals are pushed?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The graphic anamoly you are reporting leads me to think that your P3D software is not up to date. Did you check and confirm both versions are synced up properly? What are your versions in the control panel and in the about menu?

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

All my software is up to date. What I would like to hear from the developers is whether the nosewheel is supposed to turn when on the ground. If so, why does mine and many others do not.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What are the version numbers, both of them? Did you actually look to confirm? We have seen a number of people come here reporting issues only to discover they were not up to date when pressed to check.

One more thing, are you rolling along the ground when you test for wheel rotation or sitting stationary? Try when rolling if you haven't already, but do check versions first.

I tested with the 172 which has the same sterring system as the 182. It will only turn when actually in motion, just like the real aircraft. It will re-center when you stop moving, unlike the real aircraft. It should stay turned to the side, but I'll chalk that up to simulator limitations. Tightening the turn to make the nosewheel turn to the limit requires differential braking, just like the real airplane.

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Again, all my softwares is up to date. I just purchased and installed P3D a few days ago, and reinstalled the 182 yesterday. Unless LM released an update in the last 3 days my version is 4.3. The 182 had the right version number which I cannot recall right now. I’m not at my computer. What is frustrating is that I’m not the only one having this problem and everyone keeps suggesting the same remedies that don’t work.

I can watch the nosewheel NOT turn while rolling and turning the plane. I’m temporarily using a twist handle joystick until I get my pedals and yoke set up but that shouldn’t matter. The plane turns and differential braking works. It’s simply an animation issue. At this point I’m ready to give up and just accept it as it is.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

It will probably take more time to contest the advice than to follow it, provided you are back at your computer. I have no idea what has been installed or previously installed on your computer, so I must rely on answers to questions that are being asked even if they seem silly.

I'm providing answers based on previous similar support issues. I'm not aware of anyone else ever reporting the exact issue you are having. The other issues were with the plane not turning at all. Are there other threads you can point to with this same issue, I usually watch the forum closely and this is totally unfamiliar.

Do you use FSUIPC? How have you mapped the rudder control exactly in P3D or FSUIPC, what is the name of the axis, what input method is selected? Direct or raw?

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Brand new computer. Only Windows 10 and a few other programs not FS related. Brand new P3D v4.3 installed. Tried to install an older version of the Skylane that was not intended for V4.3. The plane wouldn’t even turn at all. Uninstalled it and received a new installer from A2A for the Skylane. Installed it and now it turns ok but the nosewheel doesn’t physically turn. I do not use FSPUIC and have tried Raw and Direct input. No change. Actually I’m not sure I read that someone else was having my exact issue, only that the plane wouldn’t steer on the ground. And I know I have the latest installer because I checked that last night. I have also tried to delete the A2A folder in documents but it got automatically deleted during the uninstall. Ran and exited P3D before reinstalling the new c182 installer again. Same issue.

I’m done with this. It is what it is I guess. No big deal really. The plane operates as required. Just a minor annoyance I suppose.

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Thought I’d add that I ran the A2A C182 updater in the start menu and it said my software was up to date.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I'm 99% certain that the contents of My Documents/A2A/FSX/<182Folder> wouldn't get deleted by uninstalling. Lewis or Nick can correct me if I'm wrong.

With the sim closed, try renaming that <182Folder> folder in there to <182Folder>.old and see what happens. You may have old data files with some issue. The FSX folder is the correct folder BTW, buit I don't own the 182 so I don't know the exact folder name.

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

The folders were there before I uninstalled the c182 and gone after. I checked to make sure. I was going to delete them manually but it wasn’t necessary. I would expect an uninstall to remove all the appropriate files.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

You do plan to give it a try yes? The uninstaller shouldn't delete those files, because they are not part of the installation. Those files are generated by the application and left there after uninstalling just like every other application in Windows. It would be the equivalent of uninstalling a program like Excel and then having it delete all the files you created using Excel!

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

Yes I will try to rename the folder in Documents and see what happens. There are two document locations...one in <users/username/documents> and one in <PC/Documents> and I checked that there were no A2A files in either one after uninstalling the 182.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Would you happen to be running as Admin? If so make sure you take a look inside the admin accounts My Documents folder as the files should be sitting in there. Either way, worth a try, and then I'm out of ideas. :(

Lee1963
Airman

Post by Lee1963 »

I am running as admin. Want to setup a user account for security's sake but that will come later. I will check to make sure again that the nosewheel does not turn during sharp differential braking but I'm almost positive it doesn't. I know I don't see it turn during normal 90 degree corners on taxiways. I will check other aircraft as well but they wont be A2A planes, as the C182 is my only A2A product.

I do remember now that during the re-install, it told me there were folders that needed to be deleted so I closed the installer, deleted those files and restarted the installer, which did finish successfully. Sorry for the confusion. You were right about those folders not deleting automatically. Iv'e been on the computer doing this stuff for days it seems and piecing it all together later on can be difficult.

I still would like to know if the nosewheel is SUPPOSED to turn while steering on the ground. If the sim isn't programmed to duplicate that action, I'm barking up an empty tree.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”