C182 P3d Autopilot completely non-functional

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Smithers53
Airman Basic

C182 P3d Autopilot completely non-functional

Post by Smithers53 »

Beginning last evening, seemingly on its own, this aircraft's autopilot functionality when bonkers. I am unable to activate any of the buttons...the Altitude is set by default and I can adjust with the knobs when I start a flight but the AP, Hdg, Nav, Appr buttons do nothing. The Alt does nothing to set the altitude...it's just the alt numbers with no control. Even using the default keystroke commands do nothing. It's rather like the the autopilot model is present but just for show with no function. I have reinstalled P3D v4, uninstalled the A2A C172 (happens to this aircraft as well) and 182 and reinstalled them twice. The Nav/GPS toggle is not working consistently either...I was able to switch Nav to GPS tonight in the 182 after several tries but without the AP it's a useless feature. Any ideas what I can do to correct this?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C182 P3d Autopilot completely non-functional

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Smithers53 - welcome to the forums.

Please can you let us know which installers you've used for your P3Dv4 products. Is it new ones re-downloaded from the new A2A store within the last 5 months, or the original ones?

If you're using the new installers, each Accu-Sim aircraft will show the A2A logo, publisher as "A2A Simulations Inc." and product version number in the Windows "apps & features" or "uninstall or change a program" window.

Also, I just want to check you're aware that's it's necessary to press and hold the AP button for at least 0.25 seconds to engage the autopilot.

Thanks,
Nick

Smithers53
Airman Basic

Post by Smithers53 »

My download links activity was very recent. The A2A auto-update seems to be function at the end of the install process as well. Perhaps I could try re-downloading the packages to see if that improves things. Thanks for the reply...(also, I know the buttons aren't click and run...that's why I was concerned).

Smithers53
Airman Basic

Post by Smithers53 »

I removed the installed versions and re-downloaded from the third party links. The re-download seems to have fixed the issue. I'll report if further issues come up. Thank you.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good to hear - thanks for letting us know.

Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”