Light Effect Problem to Install The Chessna Skylane

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Airbus_Fan
Airman Basic

Light Effect Problem to Install The Chessna Skylane

Post by Airbus_Fan »

Hello I hope you can help me.
After installing the latest version and updating by the Updater, my Chessna Skylane is up to date but my lights are presented in a comical way.
The Chessna is completely normal after C documents Addons P3D installed. Everything went through without error. But my Light Effects in the P3D are since the broken and I do not know why.
If you zoom in on the effect, it is displayed correctly, in the Far away he looks like on the screenshots.
I could also reproduce the error.
That means I have a backup of the pre-installation where everything was ok, this backup I have played back. And everything was ok again. Had the A2A files from the IInstallation previously secured and wanted to manually insert into the P3D which also worked so far as the effects were ok but I had no more raindrops on the disc.
Then I ran again the setup and everything ran successfully as the first time. But the light effects are displayed again as in the first installation. See also attached screenshots. Maybe you have an idea what I can do. Had already tried to reinstall the client after installing the Chessna but the error has remained. I also deleted the shaders and let them create new ones.
The AI ​​aircraft have this error Navred is also displayed as on the screenshot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C0_-Kd ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwCIqI ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JDKAy4 ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19NRZ6v ... sp=sharing

The plane is wonderful and I like it to fly, but the mistake is very annoying

Best Reguards
Torsten

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Light Effect Problem to Install The Chessna Skylane

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Torsten,

I'm afraid the issue isn't very clear from the screenshots and description you posted. Is there any way you can clarify what we're looking at in each screenshot?

Also, are you using any add-ons which modify P3Dv4 shaders and/or effects?

Thanks,
Nick

Airbus_Fan
Airman Basic

Post by Airbus_Fan »

Hello Nick
On the screenshot, the lighting effects are displayed incorrectly. You can recognize the effect as a rectangle. The effect is a red dot and it was also displayed correctly before installing the Chssna, so not as a rectangle!
As I said, I have reinstalled the clients of the P3D and reset all shaders to the default. Had the problem only with the installation of the Chessna!
The Chessna is the only thing I have reinstalled.
But as I said I can not explain what is going wrong.
Hope it is easier to understand

wrong https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H97S6d ... sp=sharing

right https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NwCIqI ... sp=sharing

Best reguards
Torsten

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for clarifying Torsten.

Please can you let us know which airport it is where you're seeing this issue.

Also you say...
Airbus_Fan wrote:The Chessna is the only thing I have reinstalled.
Do you mean you reinstalled it after upgrading to P3Dv4.4? Or was there another reason you reinstalled?

Best regards,
Nick

Airbus_Fan
Airman Basic

Post by Airbus_Fan »

Hello Nick

Airports are different LSZH Prof. Aerosoft, EDDF Frankfurt Prof. Aerosoft .. EDDL Düsseldorf Justsim
But not only the airports are affected, also the AI ​​traffic has this error after the installation of the Chessna! The Navlights are also displayed like this.

I have uninstalled the First Version of 2017 ... Then loaded the newest of Simshak and Installed Version 18.4.22.0
after Setup the Updater Exe was executed!
I'm still on version in P3D 4.3 on the way or is that the mistake.

Thanks for help

Best reguards
Torsten

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Torsten.

It seems possible that there's some software present on your system which modifies your effect files and which is involved here. Please can you list any other add-on software you have installed?

Also, please can you test with default scenery and see if the same effect is noticeable.

The effect has been mostly developed/tested in P3D v4.3, so that should be fine.

Cheers,
Nick

Airbus_Fan
Airman Basic

Post by Airbus_Fan »

Hi Nick
For information, I installed the Chessna after backup in the Documents P3d Addons folder before I played back my backup, which was fine.
If I then use Chessna piece by piece, the model file replaces the old one from the back with the new one and everything works too. can recreate any file with the new files, and it's fine.
Then I do not get any raindrops on the glass anymore.
When I start the setup again and the raindrops work, they break the effects!
Only Rex Skyforce 3D AS16 ASCA Envtex is used.
All add-on airports are located outside the P3D on a separate SSD. PMDG aircraft are installed in the P3D folder because there is no other way

Best
Torsten

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Torsten,

Add-ons like Skyforce 3D replace many textures and effects in the simulator. Is it possible for you to test with backed-up versions of the orignal effects? It's a while since I've used REX, but I seem to recall it lets you do this.

Also, do you have an AI traffic add-on which may be further modifying effect files?

Thanks,
Nick

Airbus_Fan
Airman Basic

Post by Airbus_Fan »

I can certainly do the tests.
But what surprised me is that everything worked before with the old version and Rex Skyforce3D why not now. If nothing helps, you must first forego the rain effect.
And if I switch to 4.4, I'll try again.

Cheers
Torsten

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks Torsten. Please let us know how you get on with the default scenery. I did quite a bit of testing with Orbx and 29Palm scenery, but not with the specific add-ons you mention.

Regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”