Nav1 and Nav2 issues using Flight1 GTN750 and 650

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Nav1 and Nav2 issues using Flight1 GTN750 and 650

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Hi, wondering if anyone can shed some light on this?
I am sure it's me being stupid but I have run out of ideas on this one.
I have my FLight1 GTN750 set up as Nav1 and my GTN650 set up as Nav 2 This is according to the FLight1 Config software
I have an ILS dialled into GTN750 on Nav1 and there it is on the HSI with glideslope and centreline active.....magnifico!
I have a VOR that is part of the ILS approach procedure dialled in on Nav2 on the GTN650 but my Nav2 instrument is dead, receiving no input. I have checked the frequency etc and that is correct.

Is this a limitation within the sim or am I doing something wrong? ( I strongly suspect it is me!)

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Nav1 and Nav2 issues using Flight1 GTN750 and 650

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Rob,

This functionality should be working as advertised. Have you double-checked that the CDI mode for the GTN650 is set to 'VLOC', and that the VOR in question is actually in range? You could try tuning the same navaid into the NAV1 GTN750 to make sure if you haven;t already done so.

If the issue persists, please can you check the P3Dv4 failures menu to check the NAV2 radio isn't set as 'failed'. Alternatively, you could try using Shift 3 to select the 'no GPS' option and double check that both NAV/COMM radios are switched on.

Thanks,
Nick

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Rob,

This functionality should be working as advertised. Have you double-checked that the CDI mode for the GTN650 is set to 'VLOC', and that the VOR in question is actually in range? You could try tuning the same navaid into the NAV1 GTN750 to make sure if you haven;t already done so.

If the issue persists, please can you check the P3Dv4 failures menu to check the NAV2 radio isn't set as 'failed'. Alternatively, you could try using Shift 3 to select the 'no GPS' option and double check that both NAV/COMM radios are switched on.

Thanks,
Nick
Nice one! Thanks Nick, there were some systems set as failed in the P3Dv$ failures menu. Not sure how that happened but as soon as I rectified those I am getting good indications on both Nav1 and Nav2 for the separate stations.

As always, thanks for your help Nick! I've never delved into the failure menu so would not have thought of that!

Cheers,
Rob

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're always welcome Rob. :wink:

Cheers,
Nick

Hetzenauer
Airman Basic

Post by Hetzenauer »

Hi!
After installing v2.09 of F1‘s GTN combo (750+650) I‘m observing a strange behaviour:
When pushing CDI on the 650 (set as NAV2), the source selector (NAV/GPS) on NAV1 switches. No GPS signal is displayed on NAV2 CDI but a tuned VOR shows up just fine... Same with the 750 - everything working as expected on the HSI (NAV1).
I reinstalled the C182 and the GTN - no joy.. Checked for failures, tried to change configs via the tool, again no success.
Maybe anybody could confirm that or help?
Thx, Björn

One more thing: I checked with the C172 - same result. Also I found out that after pushing OBS the value in the GTN650 changes by rotating NAV1 OBS - both in the 650 and 750...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Björn,

I wonder if this is a bug with v2.09 of the F1 GTN software? I just checked and see the same issue (even when the GTNs are installed in something like the default Maule M7 using the F1 tool).

I recommend you check the Flight1 tech support forum to see if the issue has been raised. (I can't seem to access it at present.)

Thanks,
Nick

Hetzenauer
Airman Basic

Post by Hetzenauer »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi Björn,

I wonder if this is a bug with v2.09 of the F1 GTN software? I just checked and see the same issue (even when the GTNs are installed in something like the default Maule M7 using the F1 tool).

I recommend you check the Flight1 tech support forum to see if the issue has been raised. (I can't seem to access it at present.)

Thanks,
Nick
Will do, good to know it‘s not only me...
Thank you, Nick!
All the best, Björn

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Björn. If you do manage to confirm it's a bug with the F1 software, would you mind just replying in this thread to let us know.

Thanks,
Nick

Hetzenauer
Airman Basic

Post by Hetzenauer »

Wilco :D

Hetzenauer
Airman Basic

Post by Hetzenauer »

Good eve!
Just a small update: still marked as „in progress“ on the F1 forums... :?
Best, Björn

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”