should I get P3D

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
38J3
Airman

should I get P3D

Post by 38J3 »

I would like to purchase Comanche 250 however I am confused as to what I should get. My computer is 16mb core i7 quad x2 and has a NIVIDIA geforce GTX video card will I benifit going to P3D and should I go for the professional as I am a real world pilot. Help please if someone would.

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: should I get P3D

Post by taildraggin68 »

38J3 wrote:I would like to purchase Comanche 250 however I am confused as to what I should get. My computer is 16mb core i7 quad x2 and has a NIVIDIA geforce GTX video card will I benifit going to P3D and should I go for the professional as I am a real world pilot. Help please if someone would.
I run both P3D and FSX SE. Currently, what little time I have had to play has been with P3D (Mainly because this machine runs it well enough)

P3D also has a monthly developer subscription should you want to try it out so to speak and make sure your machine will run it ok.

8)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

If you have and are happy with your FSX, there is little need to move over to P3D at the moment. P3D is the professional software out of the old MSFS franchise. It has its own licensing for the software and is professional in that it doesn't come as an entertainment product like FSX, so it doesn't have the fancy user interface, doesn't come with the same help files etc.

We use P3D primarily as our option for professional flight training simulators and our clients within this market.

Here's the official website;
http://www.prepar3d.com/

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

38J3
Airman

Post by 38J3 »

Does P3D run smoother and have better graphics than fsx in other words more realistic? Maybe for the novice such as I fsx would be a better start though? Thoughts please.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

that would depend on how it runs on your system, it can offer better looks but of course comes at a price. I personally run FSX Dx10 mode with the dx10 fixer for my sim of choice and ease of use with the FSX Steam edition. It also runs better than P3D on my home system. It'd depend on the series of i7 and GTX you have. As taildraggin noted you can try it see how you get on with your system.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

If you are already invested in FSX with lots of addons, I would stay with FSX. If you are starting out fresh, I would go with P3D.

Personally I have too much $$ into FSX and addons. My PC is about at its limits running FSX, so any upgrade to P3D for me would require a new system. I don't see the jump in quality from FSX with its mountain of addons and fixes to P3D justfiying the cost for a new system plus P3D addons. I will wait until a few more P3D versions come out, perhaps then the jump in quality will justify the cost.

Lets wait till P3D v 4.2 so we can break out the towels and pan galactic gargleblasters....plus an accusimmed Heart Of Gold...with accusimmed improbability drive. :mrgreen:

Cheers
TJ
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”