For those of you who like hearing real ATC when you fly

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Ramuss
Airman Basic

For those of you who like hearing real ATC when you fly

Post by Ramuss »

I used to use ATC Live Chatter by Celiosim. It was pretty good after you went through the hassle of setting up channels. But since I got back into simming and upgraded to P3Dv4 (yeehaw!!) I've found there are many add-ons that don't work anymore. ATC Live was one of them. There's a freeware (with donation to remove the reminder) program called LAAP ( http://laap.atc.free.fr/accueil-en.php ) that is actually a major improvement over the old program. The old program only let you have about 10 channels you could program in. This one is unlimited depending on how much time you want to spend creating the channel files. Once you set up the channels, you receive what you would in real life provided that you're in range of the station. So if your sitting on the ground at Portland and you tune in ground to request taxi, you'll also get the real Portland ground/tower feeds. And when you're tuning to approach, the distance you receive these feeds depends on your altitude. It's very very cool!

Anyway, I've been trying to get it to work with the Comanche and finally figured out that there's an entry in the LAAP.cfg file that say's "BusMinVolts = 17". He said he did this because the default planes in P3d are 24 volt systems (17 Volts simulates the radios turned off or the battery dead.) The Comanche is a 12V system so that needs to be changed to 12 or under, then it works. It already works with the A2A182, all of the PMDG planes, the C-441Conquest, and the Q400. That's my whole fleet right now. But I have a special fondness for Comanches so I was really dedicated to the cause!!

Also, it's a bit of a pain to figure out how to set up new channels, but I made a package of channels covering the US west of the Rockies, including western Canada, Alaska and Hawaii. Roughly the 50 or so major airports. If I knew how to post a file on here I'd do it. But if anyone wants the channels let me know...or tell me how to post it. It's a small zip file, only 16k.

P3dV4, A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, All Orbx NA, UTLive, REX Skyforce + Texture Direct, Air Hauler 2
I7 4790K @ 4.6 ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GTX1070, TrackIR

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”