Major failures at low hours?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
friedmaniac
Airman Basic

Major failures at low hours?

Post by friedmaniac »

I just recently got the Comanche and have put 15.6 hours on the airframe and engine. Theoretically it should be in great shape as I'm careful to do a full walkaround before each start and pay close attention to power management during flight, however in the past two hours of flying, I have had my right flap jam, followed by: an oil leak, two cylinder failures, three magneto failures (one failed, fixed it, then both failed), flap failure, gear failure, fuel leak, brake failure, and elevator trim failure.....all simultaneously (apart from the magneto failures, which occurred no more than fifteen minutes apart). This has dropped my condition report from "like new" to "...core ok." and I've spent the past hour trying to start the airplane then having to deal with failures.

I feel like this is probably too many failures to happen less than twenty hours into use of the airplane, no? What am I doing wrong? What's the solution here?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Major failures at low hours?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

how are you loading the flight and how are you exiting the flight. All of those should not happen at once unless a crash for example is detected in the sim or a crash of the simulation platform itself causing corruption.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Was you useing ASN or AS2016 for weather , because if you get a corrupted weather download , it can and in my case did cause strange failure issues , as both A2A aircraft and either of the two mentioned weather programs rely on simconnect and does somehow mess up A2A aircraft to varing degrees.
Also regards to things like flap failure , you may have exceeded the speeds with flap down causing jam , and trim tab failure may be you missed on walk around a damaged hinge this is a very small change in the walkaround picture , yes they do change , so dont take the walkaround pictures for grantedd , i almost missed a damaged hinge on the trim tab prior to flight , oil and fuel leaks happen from time to time , and the oil leak could have caused the cyl damage , if oil level went too low.
Gear damge could happen if you landed too hard.
regards alan. 8)

friedmaniac
Airman Basic

Post by friedmaniac »

Lewis - A2A wrote: how are you loading the flight and how are you exiting the flight. All of those should not happen at once unless a crash for example is detected in the sim or a crash of the simulation platform itself causing corruption.
I'm just loading the flight up as standard in Free Flight, then shutting down the aircraft, saving, and hitting Esc->End Flight to end it.

Just to follow up on this, I'm still having these issues. I just loaded up the aircraft again and it showed up (currently at 16.6 hours) with every possible failure, with clicking on them not fixing anything. Closing and rebooting FSX fixed it.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

When you load FSX, always load one of the standard FSX planes at a default unmodified airport. Let the plane fully load, including AI planes and vehicles and all scenery. This allows FSX to load properly, which is what you want before you start loading complex planes and sceneries. My default flight is the FSX Cessna 172 at Biggin Hill, which takes a few moments to load. You'll find the artificial horizon gauge will "sink" as you wait.

Once loaded, you should then find you can load your A2A planes and enjoy many happy hours with them. Unfortunately, this issue is due to the way FSX is coded and operates almost entirely via the CPU, not the GPU.

Cheers,
Mike.
ImageImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello just to add to Dogsbody55 post, make sure the default flight isn't using the Comanche

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”