F1 GTN 650/750 Integration

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
martin.s
Airman Basic

F1 GTN 650/750 Integration

Post by martin.s »

Hi,

I am considering purchasing the F1 GTN complete for P3D.

I was wondering what the degree of integration is between the GTN and the Comanche's HSI and autopilot.

For example, the GNS 430 has a CDI button that toggles "GPS mode" and in aircraft where the GPS is fully integrated, the HSI Course Select Pointer should auto sequence to the next active gps leg (when in GPS mode) without having to manually turn the CDI to the next course. Furthermore, the HSI's glide slope pointer may also follow an LPV glide slope of an active GPS final approach course. The autopilot can usually also be fully coupled to the approach.

However, the above is the case for modern avionics and modern autopilots. Since the Comanche 250 is vintage, how much of the above is possible when the F1 GTN 750 is integrated into its panel?

Thank you.
Martin

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Re: F1 GTN 650/750 Integration

Post by guillaume78150 »

I can't speak for P3D users (I fly FSX) but the GTN750 is fully integrated and can be toggled between both modes, GPS and LOC where the autopilot tracks VOR radials.
The only limitation is it can't follow a glideslope on an ILS approach nor climb (descent) to a pre set altitude. The Comanche AP is a bit old, but a very capable one (provided you read the manual !) :wink: .
IMO, the GTN750 is a good association.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”