New purchase-Autopilot does not work-what am i doing wrong?

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Virgilus
Airman Basic

New purchase-Autopilot does not work-what am i doing wrong?

Post by Virgilus »

I have just started flying the Comanche and while I can turn the autopilot and I have figured out how to use it but the problem now is that I am unable to turn the heading bug to change coarse. It is locked in one direction. When I grab the knob to turn it, it depresses but I cannot turn it one way or the other. On the Cessna 172 all I had to do was grab the knob and move the mouse pointer right or left to turn it. Is there something different that I need to do now?

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Re: New purchase-Autopilot does not work-what am i doing wro

Post by ratty »

Virgilus wrote:I have just started flying the Comanche and while I can turn the autopilot and I have figured out how to use it but the problem now is that I am unable to turn the heading bug to change coarse. It is locked in one direction. When I grab the knob to turn it, it depresses but I cannot turn it one way or the other. On the Cessna 172 all I had to do was grab the knob and move the mouse pointer right or left to turn it. Is there something different that I need to do now?
Yes. You click it to push it in to adjust the heading to the compass heading (with the mouse wheel), click again to pull it out to adjust the heading bug.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”