Smoke from engine with throttle at idle causes frame drop.

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
VHOEG
Airman

Smoke from engine with throttle at idle causes frame drop.

Post by VHOEG »

Hi,
With the Comanche, when I bring the throttle back significantly, (it appears to be regardless of mixture setting) I get smoke from the engine that is visible in the external view. While this isn't something I'm too worried about (maintenance hanger says my aircraft is in "excellent" shape), it absolutely tanks my frame rate, bringing it down from 25-30 to 5-8 fps. I want to know if there is a way to prevent this smoke from showing either via a setting or fixing a mistake in my engine management. Automixture is disabled and I send my controls through FSUIPC.
Thanks for any help.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Smoke from engine with throttle at idle causes frame dro

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

You could try 'disabling' some of various smoke effects associated with the Comanche if the frame rate drop is a problem.

The easiest way to do this is to create a new folder called something like "Disabled effects" in the "Effects" directory and move some or all of the files shown below into this folder.

If you can let us know which host simulator you're using (FSX, P3Dv3 or P3Dv4?) it'll be easier for us to provide relevant advice.

Thanks,
Nick

VHOEG
Airman

Post by VHOEG »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hi,

You could try 'disabling' some of various smoke effects associated with the Comanche if the frame rate drop is a problem.

The easiest way to do this is to create a new folder called something like "Disabled effects" in the "Effects" directory and move some or all of the files shown below into this folder.

If you can let us know which host simulator you're using (FSX, P3Dv3 or P3Dv4?) it'll be easier for us to provide relevant advice.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for that - I moved all the smoke effects to a separate folder and have fixed the frame drop.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”