Video - Walla Walla to Anacortes Washington

Fly high, fast, and far in first class comfort
new reply
Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Video - Walla Walla to Anacortes Washington

Post by Bruce66 »

My friend and I exchange flight challenges which I have started to record. This was one I originally flew in September before I was recording and re-flew this week in historical time. We depart Walla Walla in the morning with 4 touch-and-goes on route to Anacortes. I hit fog just toward the end and after a few nail biting attempts I had to divert so, on this occasion, I did not reach my final destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeFj6zASOSc

I hopr you enjoy! :D
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Video - Walla Walla to Anacortes Washington

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

The first landing at the short strip was little nerving, but you did it quite well. The second one, lowering altitude in IMC while in VFR, man that's aviation horror. ;)

Cheerz,
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

The first landing at the short strip was little nerving, but you did it quite well. The second one, lowering altitude in IMC while in VFR, man that's aviation horror. ;)

Cheerz,
Vladi
To quote 'Pilot's Friend':

"Not many aeroplane occupants survive a VFR (Visual Flight Rules) into IMC (Instrument Meteorological Conditions) accident. [...] The daunting statistics alone might be thought to be sufficient to convince nearly all VFR pilots of the foolishness of venturing into IMC, and yet they continue to do it."

I was a fool to try it once let alone 6 times but I hear there is a great bar in Anacortes and I was desperate to get there!
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Bruce,

Even though, I fly in real weather conditions and keep to aviation rules as close as possible in my flights, I sometimes too experiment with bad weather. 8) After all it is a simulation and we can afford it. Add the incredible immersion of A2A planes and the experience is priceless.

Cheerz,
Vladimir
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250”