Variable for Landing Gear

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
mathurpc
Airman First Class

Variable for Landing Gear

Post by mathurpc »

I am modifying the spad.neXt profile for Comanche and would like to know which variable to use. And something strange that I noticed - if I try to use keyboard command then I need to press the G key twice to move the landing gear.

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Variable for Landing Gear

Post by Nick - A2A »

Pramod,

If you want to use a local panel variable, the L:Var in question would be L:LandingGearLeverPos. Set it to '0' to place the switch in the gear up position, '1' to place the switch in the neutral position and '2' to place it in the down position. The fact that the switch has these three positions is why you need to press 'G' twice: to cycle through each of them.

The FSUIPC 'gear up' and 'gear down' actions can also be used.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Nick M wrote:Pramod,

If you want to use a local panel variable, the L:Var in question would be L:LandingGearLeverPos. Set it to '0' to place the switch in the gear up position, '1' to place the switch in the neutral position and '2' to place it in the down position. The fact that the switch has these three positions is why you need to press 'G' twice: to cycle through each of them.

Cheers,
Nick
OK, the variable LandingGearLeverPos worked for 2 days and now it does not work, and I have noticed similar behavior with some other LVars also. Seems like a spadneXt issue. The FSUIPC variables do not work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Pramod

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

mathurpc wrote:
Nick M wrote:Pramod,

Cheers,
Nick
OK, the variable LandingGearLeverPos worked for 2 days and now it does not work, and I have noticed similar behavior with some other LVars also. Seems like a spadneXt issue. The FSUIPC variables do not work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I am a little disappointed that nobody from A2A team has responded to my question. Can somebody please help me.

Thanks,
Pramod

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Can't help with SPAD.neXt I'm afraid Pramod, as I don't use it (or any Saitek hardware). However, if the variable worked for two days but now it doesn't, it suggests something has changed with your setup. Can you still operate the landing gear in the 'normal' way by using the mouse control in the VC?

If so, it seems to indicate the issue lies with the advanced drivers as you suggest. Have you tried the SPAD.neXt support forum?

Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Nick M wrote:Can't help with SPAD.neXt I'm afraid Pramod, as I don't use it (or any Saitek hardware). However, if the variable worked for two days but now it doesn't, it suggests something has changed with your setup. Can you still operate the landing gear in the 'normal' way by using the mouse control in the VC?

If so, it seems to indicate the issue lies with the advanced drivers as you suggest. Have you tried the SPAD.neXt support forum?

Nick
Simconnect variable "Gear_up" and "Gear_down" work fine with other aircrafts including A2A T6 Texan and P51(WoP). But it does not work with A2A Comanche. So, it seems that there is nothing wrong with the drivers or my hardware, and I was hoping that someone from A2A will be able to tell me which variable to use.

Pramod

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hi Pramod. Nick has answered the question perfectly. "LandingGearLeverPos" is the L variable for the Comanche. Unlike T6 and P51, the landing gear control of Comanche has 3 positions, hence the difference. It worked for two days so I would step back and double check your setup.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

aeronauta
Senior Airman

Post by aeronauta »

pramod if you are using spad.next , this is what I use ... copy to clipboard and in spad.next paste to the landing gear lever on saitek sw panel.

<BaseEvent xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" BoundTo="SWITCH_GEAR" xmlns="http://www.fsgs.com/SPAD">
<EventDefinitions>
<EventDefinition Trigger="GEAR_UP">
<EventActions>
<EventActionControl TargetDataDefinition="SIMCONNECT:GEAR_UP" Value="0" ValueOperation="Set" />
<EventActionControl TargetDataDefinition="SIMCONNECT:GEAR_UP" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set" />
</EventActions>
</EventDefinition>
<EventDefinition Trigger="GEAR_DOWN">
<EventActions>
<EventActionControl TargetDataDefinition="SIMCONNECT:GEAR_DOWN" Value="0" ValueOperation="Set" />
<EventActionControl TargetDataDefinition="SIMCONNECT:GEAR_DOWN" Value="1" ValueOperation="Set" />
</EventActions>
</EventDefinition>
</EventDefinitions>
</BaseEvent>

mathurpc
Airman First Class

Post by mathurpc »

Thanks everyone for your responses. As suggested by Nick and Rob, I am using LandingGearLeverPos is it is working. I may add that I tried auronauto's suggestion for using simconnect: Gear_Up and Gear_Down and that also works.

Pramod

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for reporting back Pramod. Glad you got it sorted. :)

Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”