Cannot read gauges, etc

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
sendv4
Airman Basic

Cannot read gauges, etc

Post by sendv4 »

Purchased the Commanche 250 1 week ago. It's the same aircraft I will be getting complex/high performance endorsements and 10 hours experience for my Commercial Ticket this May, so I am hoping to become familiar with it as a sim.

I have horrible graphics, I cannot even read the ASI. I cannot actuate most of the avionics either. I gave up trying to fly it after about an hour.

Also every time I log on some program called "driver update" pops up trying to sell me "Virtualization Engine Controller".

Is this fixable on my system or am I wasting my time?

Luke

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cannot read gauges, etc

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Luke - welcome to the forums.

Pretty sure it'll be fixable, but can you give us some more info to go on? For instance, what host sim platform are you using, and what graphics hardware?

Also, have you made sure your sim settings are as described in the "quick start guide" section in the manual? Having "high-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit" ticked in FSX is also a must, though I don't think this is mentioned in the manual.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Luke,

it sounds like your settings need setting up as Nick says. What platform are you using?

The product manual for your simulation can be found under your Start Menu > All Programs > A2A Simulations (may vary slightly depending on OS).

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

sendv4
Airman Basic

Post by sendv4 »

My "platform" I guess would be Microsoft flight simulator X with the acceleration? My operating system I guess would be Windows 10. I have no idea how to find my graphics hardware. I have a Vaio laptop and with a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro connected to it. I looked at the A2A "Input Configurator" under "All Programs" and it looks like it is recognizing my joystick but the next column is all blank (Axis ID: "disabled").

I made all the changes to the settings. My graphics are improved (I can read the ASI, but still can't read the HSI). I still cannot actuate the avionics or gauges; for example, I can't change the altimeter setting.

When I start the program and select the Commanche from the list of aircraft I leave it on the default airport, Friday Field, and click "fLY Now" it puts me on downwind in the pattern with gear and flaps down but within 10 seconds I get a complete engine failure (looks like a prop strike). I went into "Aircraft settings "failures" and reset everything, made sure Auto mixture was not set, made multiple changes and multiple "reset" under the "Flights" tab multiple times. It still starts the same way and the "complete engine failure" in Settings-Failures is always selected again.

What else? That is all can think of, I think I have answered your questions. I went to your FB site and YouTube site but didn't find anything to help me with set up. Thanks,
Luke

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Luke,

you'll want to use the mouse wheel for the manipulation of the dials etc.

For the failures please use the maintenance hangar to fix your aircraft. Your product manual is under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations, (may vary depending on OS).

I would say that flight sim requires a good amount of CPU power so a lower or mid range laptop is going to have issues and you'll have to turn graphics etc right down.

thanks,
Lewis

sendv4
Airman Basic

Post by sendv4 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello Luke,

you'll want to use the mouse wheel for the manipulation of the dials etc.

For the failures please use the maintenance hangar to fix your aircraft. Your product manual is under your start menu > all programs > A2A Simulations, (may vary depending on OS).

I would say that flight sim requires a good amount of CPU power so a lower or mid range laptop is going to have issues and you'll have to turn graphics etc right down.

thanks,
Lewis
Can't I just skip the hangar and fix by reloading it? I just want to fly it. What's happening now is every time I open it it comes up with an engine failure - bent prop. Maybe I should delete and download again?.

Thanks,
Luke

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

No teloading the aircraft or sim won't fix it. The A2A Accusim products are persistent. Meaning the next time you load the sim the plane loads in exactly the same state that you left it in your last session. To fix the broken parts go to the maintenance hangar as adviced by Lewis (shift+8) and click on the broken parts (red lettering) till the lettering goes green (part ok).

The Comanche is a very realistic simulation and you might want to read the manual to know how to operate the sim. If not go to the shift+3 menu and turn damage off.

Hope this helps a bit.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes you will need to treat the sim as you would a real aircraft. Once fixed in the hangar though you will be good to go and the aircraft will be as you treat it, so if you treat her well she will last TBO times.

thanks,
Lewis

sendv4
Airman Basic

Post by sendv4 »

Ok, I fixed my airplane and I think I have made all the changes for a proper set up but the HSI is still such poor graphics I can hardly navigate so I only fly it for local pattern work. I can at least read the ASI which is a big improvement. Also I still can't actuate the controls on the GPS. I've been meaning to get some software upgrades for this now six year old Sony laptop but it's time consuming. I work full time and don't have that much time to fly FS-X.

I've been reading the manual some but could not find a link for the GPS I have to see if I was just not holding my mouth right when I click the buttons.

But I really do like the way it flys. It is much better than the single engine Mooney and all the other singles that come with FS-X and almost as fast as the Mooney. Lately, for the cross country and IMC sim work I've been using the standard FS-X Baron.

Maybe you guys have a quick reference for upgrading the software on my computer? It's a sony VAIO Model VPCEB36GM? It is upgraded with Windows 10. It has been a long time since I got software updates from Sony and I understand they don't make laptops anymore. As you may have surmised I am new to simming.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Luke

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

sendv4 wrote:Ok, I fixed my airplane and I think I have made all the changes for a proper set up but the HSI is still such poor graphics I can hardly navigate so I only fly it for local pattern work. I can at least read the ASI which is a big improvement. Also I still can't actuate the controls on the GPS. I've been meaning to get some software upgrades for this now six year old Sony laptop but it's time consuming. I work full time and don't have that much time to fly FS-X.

I've been reading the manual some but could not find a link for the GPS I have to see if I was just not holding my mouth right when I click the buttons.

But I really do like the way it flys. It is much better than the single engine Mooney and all the other singles that come with FS-X and almost as fast as the Mooney. Lately, for the cross country and IMC sim work I've been using the standard FS-X Baron.

Maybe you guys have a quick reference for upgrading the software on my computer? It's a sony VAIO Model VPCEB36GM? It is upgraded with Windows 10. It has been a long time since I got software updates from Sony and I understand they don't make laptops anymore. As you may have surmised I am new to simming.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Luke
Checking the specs that notebook utilises an onboard Intel graphics chip.
I'm amazed FSX loads at all, much less runs.

You're right at the bottom end of marginal on graphic specs with that notebook, so unless you have video settings you are not fully utilising, it could be that is as good as it gets on that rig.

sendv4
Airman Basic

Post by sendv4 »

That sounds discouraging. I would like to have the app. I thought when I purchased it my system was analyzed for the capability to run it?

What if I purchased x-plane - not the latest but an older version? Would that be more likely to run it?

Luke

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

sendv4 wrote:That sounds discouraging. I would like to have the app. I thought when I purchased it my system was analyzed for the capability to run it?

What if I purchased x-plane - not the latest but an older version? Would that be more likely to run it?

Luke
If you are having problems running FSX or P3D on a 6 year old laptop with a built in graphics processor, you can forget even trying to run X Plane.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Luke, I do not know what your budget is like, but you might want to look into purchasing a reasonably priced desktop PC for flight simming. These days you can get one with pretty good specs for basic FSX simming under $700. Unfortunately there isn't much else you can do with an old, underpowered system - especially a laptop which has almost no upgrade potential.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Flight simulators put great demands on computers and historically have required the latest technology to get the best results. You can get away with running older machines to a point, but you are several generations behind with that laptop. With some exceptions, laptops are usually going to a be a compromise.

On another note, I can't recall coming across a service that analyses your machine for compatibility prior to or as part of making a purchase. There are may be so many variables with determining suitability for software that I imagine it would be quite a challenge for the vendor to automate such a process especially as new technology continues to appear in the market.

There are some recent threads in the Pilot's Lounge about purchasing new PC's for flight simulation. Some of the discussions have presented options ranging from top of the line to budget conscious.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

sendv4 wrote:That sounds discouraging. I would like to have the app. I thought when I purchased it my system was analyzed for the capability to run it?

Luke
You could show content of FSX .cfg

Forget X-Plane. Not least because A2A don't make anything for it.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”