GPS/NAV toggle

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

GPS/NAV toggle

Post by bullfox »

I have no problems using the autopilot and GNS 400 in the Comanche except that I would like to have the GPS/Nav toggle operated from the key board instead of mouse clicking it. I have a key set for the toggle but it doesn't operate the toggle, so how do I do this?
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: GPS/NAV toggle

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Steve - can't recall if you use registered FSUIPC, but looks like that's what's needed to assign this function to a keystroke in the Comanche. More info on this here.

Thanks,
Nick

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Thinks Nick. I thought that might be the case. I do have a registered copy but never got into it much. I guess it's time to learn something new.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If you're not too keen on the more complex aspects of FSUIPC Steve, the free LINDA add-on to FSUIPC may be worth a look for assigning controls such as this one: http://fs-linda.com/.

Nick

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I have spent close to 8 hours trying to make this work with no progress what so ever. My problem seems to be that what I am trying to do is way too simple for FSUIPC4 or Linda or even Lua. What I am trying to do is the simplest possible thing that can be done with one of the most common controls in FSX. All I want is to have the Nav/GPS toggle move with one key stroke. If I can make that work then I can build up from there. There is a native command in FSUIPC "Toggle-GPS drives Nav 1". it does not seem to do anything. Nor will FSUIPC recognize any of my attempts to create a Micro no matter what file extension I use.

I'm going to go sand some balsa wood.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Well I finally got FSUIPC to list my Macro, but it still doesn't do anything. Here is my Macro:

[MACROS]
1=L:GpsNavSelector=TOG

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Here is something odd. When FSUIPC lists my Macro it changes the text to 1comanche: L:GpsNavSelector Tgl
Not sure what to do about that.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Well, finally SUCCESS! I had to put the Macro under a Comanche profile in FSUIPC, and it only took 8 hours of trial and error.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Glad you got it sorted in the end Steve and sorry to hear it was a bit of a struggle. I'd have chimed-in sooner but your posts were between 4am and 6am UK time! :)

The text macros should work just fine without having to use an aircraft-specific profile so not sure what the issue was in your case. The bit you mentioned where the FSUIPC UI shows "L:GpsNavSelector Tgl" is normal.

Cheers,
Nick

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

Nick,
Its one way to learn new things. I have FSX really working well now on a system that is old and most would call mid or low level. Its very smooth with good frame rates. A big visual add on was the Scenery fixer with cloud shadows. Now that I have broken into FSUIPC I am going to get into re-doing my other controls will no doubt require more flaming.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”