Guages and radios

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Ramuss
Airman Basic

Guages and radios

Post by Ramuss »

Hello all, I've just recently got back into flight simming and discovered this awesome A2A Comanche and have been reading a lot of the threads, but have some questions that hopefully haven't already been answered.

1) Is using the Reality XP Flight N analog nav guages in the cards? The XP's were very realistic in their behavior, especially at a distance from the station before the signal was strong. That's one of my only complaints about this A2A plane...the pitot-static, gyro and engine instruments are dead on realistic but the CDI and ADF indicators are less so. Thanks to another thread on here I got the Reality XP 530 working so I was hoping maybe someone had a workaround for these too.

2) Is switching the king radios from the A2A Skylane in place of the Narco's possible? I'm actually OK with the Narcos but haven't been able to get my live ATC feeds working in the Comanche ( http://laap.atc.free.fr/accueil-en.php ) This freeware is a newer p3dv4 compatible add-on similar to ATC Chatter in FSX, but once you figure out how to add channels I thinks it's even better! It works fine in the A2A Skylane but for some reason not in the Comanche. I was just going to take a shot at switching the radios if that was possible, but really just want to get the feeds working so if someone has some other ideas then great!

3) I love getting back in the plane and have everything still set the way I had it on the previous flight...except the rudder trim. That's always back to zero. Is there a fix for that?

To all those that worked on this airplane, well done! I love the feel of the plane and how you can push every button and breaker. The sounds are amazingly real too! The fuel pump doesn't seem loud enough to me though, in fact I can barely hear it. Maybe it's different in the 250?

P3dV4, A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, All Orbx NA, UTLive, REX Skyforce + Texture Direct, Air Hauler 2
I7 4790K @ 4.6 ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GTX1070, TrackIR

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Guages and radios

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The only radio/gps mods that can be done as far as i am aware , is in All programs\A2A Simulations\Accu-Sim Comanche 250\Comanche 250 Aircraft Configurator for the GPS , and its been a while but i think the rest of the setup is in the sim useing the pa250 shift+3 window.
regards alan. 8)
P.S. seeing as scott owns a 250 you can bet the fuel pump noise is correct , and also A2A do cockpit recordings of every sound the aircraft makes on the real aircraft .

Ramuss
Airman Basic

Re: Guages and radios

Post by Ramuss »

Thanks for the reply. I've got to where I can switch between the reality xp 530 and the F1 650 in flight through the configurator tool you mentioned. But I only got that far because somebody else on here posted how to insert the Reality XP into the panel.cfg (the 650 and 750 seem too modern and expensive to be authentic in that plane.) Then I saved that as panel_MINDSTAR_530.cfg since I'll never buy a Mindstar version (the Reality XP option is greyed out in p3dv4) so I can click f1 for the 650 or click the Mindstar for RXP 530.

As for the sounds, yes I'm sure they are accurate because everything else seems right on. My favorite is opening the little side window in flight!! I've never even sat in a 250, but I've got about 1500hrs in a 260c and the fuel pump is much louder...more like the a2a 182. Maybe carb vs fuel injection pumps are way different, I don't know.

P3dV4, A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, All Orbx NA, UTLive, REX Skyforce + Texture Direct, Air Hauler 2
I7 4790K @ 4.6 ghz, 16GB, Nvidia GTX1070, TrackIR

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”