Unhandled exception P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
bobbykins
Airman

Re: Unhandled exception P3Dv4

Post by bobbykins »

Hi Nick,----thanks for coming back. Much appreciated and I hope the info that I have sent you has been of some use in helping to eliminate some questions that you may have been thought necessary to eliminate possibilities of the error.
I will eliminate the SDK .
I am confident that all things have been opened as Admin,as user and with no other accounts on the PC and always rt. clicking and choosing "Run as Admin" from the drop down list.
And I think that I might have to eat very, very, Humble Pie regarding the GPS.
I may have seen the light whilst trawling for some ideas for a solution and came across a review in Mutleys Hangar ref. the Comanche for P3Dv4. Blow me down, but within the review was the statement to the effect that moving the 250 to v4 there was a sacrifice of the default GPS although the other options were still available!
If this is the case, (?) no wonder, whatever I tried, I could not get it to appear. If so, apologies if I have wasted your time on this part of the issue .
Perhaps a case for me, which I sometimes see on this and other forums, R.&.*.M!!
So,Loaded the default Bonanza and ,with the exception of getting a default Nav. page, the buttons seem to work and I can drag it to my second screen. I will see if I can find a manual for this and see if it needs a flight plan loaded to work properly!!!
But it still does not solve the U.Exc. Bearing in mind that I did not use this config panel on FSX perhaps I should just leave things as they are and move on?
Or, alternatively, unless you see any risk in "do nothing" option, accept that somehow it is a corrupted 250 download, helped perhaps by some finger trouble from me, that has created the position, Uninstall (just use uninstall from the programme page or do I have to dig deeper?) and re download and see what the out come is.

Bobby

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Bobby,

just to double check your installing the P3Dv4 version of the Comanche and not a previous version?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

bobbykins
Airman

Post by bobbykins »

Hi Lewis and Nick ,and anyone else that might be interested in this.
I ran through all the previous posts and suggestions again and kept coming up with the same situation. I checked that all the items in the folders were headed as P3Dv4. I was pretty sure that nothing was from the P3Dv1-3 download.
So decided that I would take a plunge to what I thought were the "simple" steps, using "as admin" where drop-downs allowed me to.
Even though I seemed to have a working ,correct, SimConnect (everything else connected and worked as it should e.g TPM's all the switches etc. I went to the programmes file and uninstalled the Simconnect there . Went back into the folders and ran the SimConnect installer, that went in a flash but did install another ,same and correct number (as in Nick's post). But still got the same result.
Leaving the "repair" issue aside for a minute, as I could get a GPS on a default plane I decided to uninstall the Comanche/Accusim (first) and reinstall making sure that I double read every bit of every page before clicking "next" ensuring that it was only taking forward P3Dv4 stuff.
. However after uninstalling from the programmes page (all seemed to work O.K.), I seemed to be left with a load of A2A folders in various areas. Now , I did not know if these should be left alone and would be overwritten by the new reinstall or even if they were all in the right place ,so I decided that I would delete them. (Gulp) Did I do right? What should have happened? I think the advice on the forum , before P3Dv4 came out, is to just use the uninstall programmes file.
When done (using double read to ensure I only did P3d v4 selections) , I loaded P3dv4 to ensure that it appeared in the aircraft list for selection in the Sim.
It did and also the two configuration logos, but before activating them, I downloaded the latest update from the A2A pages and launched P3dv4
Well, partial success.
Comanche loaded with no GPS . just the radio faces.
I opened the input configurator without incurring an U Exc. and could assign activities, not alredy assigned to buttons etc on my yoke such as landing lights and it connected and worked.
But it did not matter what I did to the aircraft config things did not change. Tried to find where I had read the "sacrificed GPS" for v4 to see if I had misread it, likely but could not recover it. So am I correct, there isn't one, or should it load with the default and the config panel is of use if you only want to change to the Mndstar or Flight1?
Bobby

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Its been a while since i installed the 250 , but i seem to remember default setting is no GPS , if you stick with default GPS then you open shift+3 window to set either of the two default GPS or no GPS , if you intend using flight 1 GPS or RXP GPS , then you need to look for A2A aircraft cfg folder , on my win7 system i hit the win symbol on taskbar\all programs\A2A\250\AIRCRAFT CONFIGURATOR.
Regards alan. 8)

bobbykins
Airman

Post by bobbykins »

Hi Alan---many thanks for your post --- I now feel a complete nonkey- noo, which I clearly am, and quite rightly.
Yep, my mother always said that if you want to hide something put it in an obvious place and no-one will see it. A sure case of R% & *, P.95
Done! Case closed.
Deep apologies from me to all those who have spent time trying to help.
I will now go into a corner and hide.!!!!!
Bobby.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”