I desire in person help - Spokane WA

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
180man
Airman Basic

I desire in person help - Spokane WA

Post by 180man »

Hi All

I desire an experienced Prepar3D, A2A Comanche 250 person in the Spokane WA area that is willing to assist and teach me how to get up and running, (I am willing to travel). This includes reviewing downloads and making sure they are installed and working. A basic hands on in flying the Comanche as well as some more advanced usage as I can learn and retain them. And hang out a bit and enjoy the flying and fellowship.

I have a real Comanche 180 sitting in the hangar that I want to be very very acquainted with through the A2A simulation. I am serious about needing help and can offer some kind of barter for fruitful tutoring and computer and simulation assistance.
Not to mention my extreme gratitude!
Last edited by 180man on 18 Mar 2018, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: I desire in person help - Spokane WA

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

It'd be best to remove your email address to help prevent you getting spam etc. You can use the forums PM system instead to keep things private when needed.

As well as searching 1-1 help you might want to consider going it alone too as you can progress at your own pace and really learn a whole heap on the way including computing as well as aviation, which will help you no end.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

180man
Airman Basic

Post by 180man »

Hi Lewis
Thank you for getting back with me.

I am afraid that I do not know about 1-1 help, where it is or how to use it. Could you offer some help with that?

I am unable to start the Comanche as it sits on the runway. The only way I have been able to fly it is to set it a some high elevation and dead stick it back the the airport. So basically I don't know how to operate the A2A add on. You can see why I need in person hands on help.

Please put the word put for someone to help. I really need a lot of help, and I'm not ashamed of that.

Thankls

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Do a internet search to see if there are any flight sim clubs in your area. They are rare, but you might get lucky.

My club has about 20 or more members, any who would be willing to help, (if you were in my area, Florida).

Youtube has a lot of good videos, you might pick up some ideas and pointers from those. Search specifically for “A2A Comanche”.

You have the resources available to you that might fill the gap until somone can help in person.

If you don’t have one, Get a flight yoke. Don’t attempt to fly with keyboard / mouse only. Get some rudder pedals too. You say you have a real aircraft, then you need to do it “right” and make the sim as much like the real aircraft as you can. Start with those two items and you can’t go wrong
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Hey 180man, I feel your pain. I was looking at your request yesterday, and was thinking exactly the same as what TBryson2 said in his post. I live in the Pugetropolis area, but I really don't want to ride my motorcycle all the way out I-90 to Spokane. I'm sure that we (the A2A community) can get you in the air in your Comanche, via posts on this forum, or perhaps though PMs and phone calls. Once you're in the air we'll meet you some Sunday on a multiplayer flight at Felps (KSFF) and do a victory flight to San Point in Idaho (KSZT).

Treat the A2A Comanche exactly the same as you'd treat your real Comanche. The starting procedure for your real Comanche should work for your A2A Comanche, because the A2A Comanche was designed around Scott's real Comanche, N6229P. Read the A2A Comanche manual and follow the checklists. Here is a link to a bunch of YouTube tutorials on the A2A Comanche: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... 0+tutorial. I particularly recommend the 4 part series by FSMania.

Hopefully you have a stick or yoke and some way to control the throttle and rudder, other than just the keyboard. I started out in flight sim years and years ago with a Microsoft Sidewinder stick with a twist for rudder control and a built-in throttle slider. Later I went to a Thrustmaster T.16000 stick and HOTAS throttle from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01KCHPRXA/ ... m_4_0_n_id. Then I added a set of Thrustmaster rudder pedals. Check the forums for recommendations on controls.

Also, make sure that you've installed the 10_12_2017 update https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 23&t=57819.

Hang in. We'll get you in the air.

Seeya
ATB

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

have you read over the manual for the simulation?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

180man
Airman Basic

Post by 180man »

Thank you to those who responded.

I was contacted by a real good guy from near San Diego, CA, unfortunately I lost his phone number when I tried to send him a reply.

Those who would like to help please message your contact information so we can communicate outside of this forum. Suggestions are nice, however in person or by phone is really the only to effectively help.

Thanks

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”