Need Conformation That F1 GTN 750 and Piper Comanche Work

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
williammccracken
Airman

Need Conformation That F1 GTN 750 and Piper Comanche Work

Post by williammccracken »

I have the Comanche and the F1 GTN 750 complete(Version 2.02). I configure the GTN 750 using the A2A GTN configuration program. Run P3d V 4.2 to start with default Aircraft and location. Then select the Comanche. When it loads the aircraft bounces around as if it crashed. I do the same thing with the default GTN configuration. All is normal.

What am I missing?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Need Conformation That F1 GTN 750 and Piper Comanche Wor

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello again Bill,

This is another very unusual issue. The GTN 750 integration certainly works. However, have you verified that you have the latest version of the F1 GTN 750 installed?

Please can you also let us know more details about your default start-up scenario in P3D. This may have been mentioned in your previous thread, but I'm afraid I can't recall the details.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

I guess you can't get rid of me.

Since my first post I did find that I did not have the latest version of GTN 750 Complete. I downloaded and installed it with the same results. Then I uninstalled the Comanche. Restarted the computer. Reinstalled the Comanche. Again the same results.

P3d V 4.2 default startup is as follows.

Run P3d as Administrator.
Starting aircraft is the F-22 Raptor.
Starting location is Eglin AFB (KVPS) Runway 19

After it loads and is sitting on the runway. I select the Comanche with the same results as described in my first post.

After reloading P3d and select the Alabeo PA44 Seminole with GTN 750 installed it works fine.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

given the issues you have encountered and the lack of others reporting such things over the past few years I would be wondering if your P3D is corrupt which can be caused and is a known issue to have happened to a fair few, normally via the updating from say 4 to 4.1 to 4.2 etc.

Did you update P3D and if so did you follow official guidelines whilst updating?

What third party software are you running also, can you list it all please, and if possible disable it, including FSUIPC to get back to as standard as possible for troubleshooting.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

I have checked and as far as I can see the version I have 4.2.21.24048 is the most current version.

I don't know why but since no one else has reported any problems. It's something with my system that has problems with some A2A products. Any way you answered my question the Comanche being compatible with the F1 GTN 750. At this point I don't think you and I need to spend time trying to find the problem. I'm very happy with the default version of the Comanche.

As usual thanks for your help. I know you would be happy to work with me on a resolution on this. But I don't think it's necessary.

Thanks Again

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bill,

The reply above was actually from Lewis, but I agree that it sounds like there's an issue somewhere with your P3D installation.

My suggestion is that when P3D v4.3 is released (apparently later this month) you try a clean reinstallation of P3D to try and resolve these issues.

Thanks,
Nick

williammccracken
Airman

Sorry about that Lewis.

Thanks to both of you. I will let you know after the release of P3D v 4.3

Bill McCracken

williammccracken
Airman

Nick,

For no reason. I decided to start P3d V 4.2 using the Comanche at KPHL. I did not start as I have been in the past with the default aircraft at the default airport. By default I mean the location P3d ships with. No problem with the Comanche loading with the GTN 750. As I recently reported in another post as you may remember. So that problem is resolved.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Great stuff Bill and thanks for the update. :)

Kind regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”