P3D v4.2 Licence

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Johnjot
Airman Basic

P3D v4.2 Licence

Post by Johnjot »

Hi Guys

I have purchased the A2A Commanche 250 from Just Flight and After Download on trying to Install the product an error message comes up
> c:users\johnw\downloads\comanche P3Dv4 Academic.exe

> Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.
>
> I have contacted Just Flight and they recommended I contact yourselves.

Just Flight state
>
> The product description does say A2A Comanche 250 with Accu-Sim (for FSX & P3D Academic) so might be that it only works with Academic but not entirely sure as its a product we buy in from A2A Simulations.
>
> We also sell this version that specifies P3Dv4 too but again doesn't mention Pro so perhaps worth dropping A2A Simulations a line to be sure?

>
> Can you advise please if this version can work on P3Dv4.2 Pro
>
> I have the Professional version of P3Dv4.2

Thanks in Advance
Last edited by Johnjot on 18 Jun 2018, 02:08, edited 1 time in total.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D v4.2 Licence

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Johnjot - welcome to the A2A forums,

Please can you confirm if you've extracted (unzipped) the zip file you downloaded into a new folder? It sounds like your issue is caused by the operating system being unable to read or find the installer *.exe file rather than any issue with Academic vs. Professional licensing.

If you have extracted the zipped archive, please can you confirm the names of the files which appear in the unzipped folder.

Thanks,
Nick

Johnjot
Airman Basic

Post by Johnjot »

Thanks Nick

After checking for the extracted unzipped file, I could not find the download - I downloaded the file again, but this time noticed my antivirus software quarantined the file upon execution, once I released the file from quarantine all worked well and i now have my Commanche 250 available to fly in the simulator. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Best Wishes
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, that's good news John - thanks for letting us know the culprit in your case.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”