Oil wear

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Evanm
Airman

Oil wear

Post by Evanm »

This happened after the last update but it seems with the Comanche and the Cessna 172 no matter how much I fly the oil doesn’t seem to change color at all. The oil level does drop but it seems no wear is simulated. I’m sure accusim is on iv had other minor problems with the airplanes batteries lights etc. I was just wondering if this was normal or soemting else.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Oil wear

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums.

In order for us to try and help, please can you give us a bit more info about your installation. For instance which host simulator are you using? If you can give as much info as possible about the other minor problems you mentioned that would be useful too.

Thanks,
Nick

Evanm
Airman

Post by Evanm »

Of course, so after the most recent update the aircraft works great but no matter how much I fly the oil doesn’t seem to simulate wear at all it just stays the same color. Reguarding the other problems I was talking about how accusim was simulating the problems for example I showed up one day and the battery was dead but not like a technical software problem. I’m using FSX.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - will see if I can reproduce this but it may take a little while to investigate due to other ongoing projects.

As you mention, the dead battery could just be a simulated 'tech issue' after an extended period of the aircraft standing idle.

Best regards,
Nick

Evanm
Airman

Post by Evanm »

Hey again I dont know if this helps or not but I reinstalled the update and still no change is there anything else I can try?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

One thing you could try is backing up the contents of your "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder and then setting the aircraft state to 'used' a few times and check to see if the oil in one of the versions with high hours is dark.

Also, have you installed the CamGuard oil additive in the maintenance hangar? If so, it may be that this is delaying the ageing process. (Though to be honest, I'm not sure how this aspect is coded.)

Thanks,
Nick

Evanm
Airman

Post by Evanm »

So I did what u asked and when I loaded the high tkme aircraft the oil had changed color but I changed that oil and flew for a couple of hours and still no change then at all

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The oil color isn't going to change very much for the first 10 hours. It will darken appreciably as you go past 25 hours and be quite dark by 50.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Evanm
Airman

Post by Evanm »

Yes I understand that but even after flying for 30+ hours and really I noticed not change.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Perhaps take a screenshot now and then a further one in another 10 or 20 hours to compare?

Thanks,
Nick

Evanm
Airman

Post by Evanm »

Yes I will it might take me a little time but I’ll do my best

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”