Installation problem Comanche 250

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
BobGee
Airman Basic

Installation problem Comanche 250

Post by BobGee »

I have downloaded the Comanche 250 from Just Flight (UK) but every time I try to install it I get an error message: 'The Acu-Sim Comanche 250 can't be installed because a valid installation of Lockheed Martin P3Dv4 has not been found on your computer'
I am using Windows 10 and P3Dv4. I have 3 hard disc drives with P3Dv4 on (F:) solid state drive. Other aircraft purchases have installed without problems.
Any ideas to resolve this would be welcome, thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installation problem Comanche 250

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello BobGee and welcome to the A2A forums.

The message you're seeing indicates that the Prepar3D.exe can't be located in the location specified in the Windows registry.

If you've manually moved or renamed any of the P3D folders since installation, that would be one explanation for this.

Alternatively, it could be due to registry edits cause by a third-party program. You could try a 'repair' of your P3D installation via the Windows add/remove programs screen.

Thanks,
Nick

BobGee
Airman Basic

Post by BobGee »

Many thanks for the prompt reply, Nick. I will see if I can do as you suggest although I am not as computer literate as I should be!

Regards Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, let us know how you get on Bob.

It's been pretty hectic around here the past couple of days with the Bonanza release, but I'll keep a special eye on this topic to make sure I don't miss any further posts. I'll also just pop it into the support forum.

Cheers,
Nick

BobGee
Airman Basic

Post by BobGee »

You are a genius, Nick. Your repair suggestion worked and I have learned a bit more as well. I will now run P3Dv4 and try it.
Many thanks
Bob

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Bob,

That's great news and you're very welcome. Hopefully the repair will help to prevent any other little niggles that may have cropped up too. Hope you enjoy the Comanche. :)

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”