Cold and Dark - Clarification

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Blitzer
Staff Sergeant

Cold and Dark - Clarification

Post by Blitzer »

This may almost sound like an obvious question, but would appreciate if A2A could clarify the difference between using Auto Cold and Dark on and off. On a similar note also what is persistent or not...

For example I have always assumed Auto Cold and dark would suit me better because I wanted to ensure the engine was not running when I loaded up a new flight. However, as I do shut down when I end a flight would I get a more accurate “persistent” representation of how I left the plane with Auto cold and dark set to off?

E.g. with Auto cold and dark switched Off: if I finished a flight, cut the fuel and turned the lights off, but say left the battery, magnetos on and master avionics switched on, would they remain that way when I next ran P3D and started a new flight?
My expectation with Auto cold and dark turn on is of course that these would automatically have been switched off.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Re: Cold and Dark - Clarification

Post by EnDSchultz »

My understanding of Auto C&D is that it will load a pre-defined aircraft configuration regardless of how you actually left the airplane. FSX/P3D does not always accurately record all your switch positions, but generally speaking, leaving Auto C&D *OFF* will overall provide a more accurate representation of how you left the aircraft.

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”