Weird menu fluctuation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Weird menu fluctuation

Post by ImpendingJoker »

After a recent flight from Skagit to Bowerman in Washington state, I shut down and did my post landing maint. check. I went to the fuel screen so I could calculate actual fuel burn to compare to calculated fuel burn. When I hit Shift+4 to open the window, I noticed the fuel quantity was bouncing up to 100% then back down to the 49% that was in the tanks(not a far flight so I wasn't full up). I made a .gif to show what I was seeing and was wondering if there was any thoughts on this. Keep in mind that I can only record a few seconds with the free version of Gayzo but it was doing this about every 5 seconds.

https://gyazo.com/05001a8ed5bf764069d226ff252b901d
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Weird menu fluctuation

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Paul,

Haven't seen this one before. Do you have an other add-ons running which may be interfering? I'm afraid the GIF doesn't provide many clues, but if you can provide a bit more info on your installation such as which sim platform you're using etc, it's always easier to offer advice.

Thanks,
Nick

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Sure sure. This is P3DV3.4. Orbx PNW with HQM airport is where I was sitting when it happened. SPAD.next running for the panels. REX used to update the sky and cloud textures, and of course a full version of FSUIPC. Other than that nothing but P3D and SPAD.next actually running. As for the .gif just watch it for about 1min and you'll understand, that was what it was doing till I closed the panel. I reopened and it did the same thing. The hangar showed no issues with the plane's systems.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the extra info Paul. I'm inclined to suspect this is something to do with the FSUIPC and SPAD.neXt interaction. To check, you could try running the sim with both bits of software disabled and see if the behaviour stops.

Cheers,
Nick

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

I did another flight from KHQM to Anacortes about 109nm. Landed and shut down after taxi to the ramp and that fluctuation was not there. I did not turn on SPAD.neXt but did leave FSUIPC on. When I fly over to Skagit I will turn SPAD.neXt back on and see if that problem reoccurs.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

Well after finishing the leg from Anacortes to Skagit(not long I know) but this time I had both SPAD.neXt and FSUIPC and I had no issues witht eh fuel manager. Maybe it was just a one off glitch fixed by restart. *shrugs*
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Yes, sounds like it may be an odd little glitch produced by an unusual software interaction. Thanks for the update - hopefully the issue won't resurface, please let us know if it does and you're able to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”