Comanche doesn't stop staggering around

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

I have Comanche, Cherokee, Bonanza and Spitfire as well as AccuFeel. For a long period of time anything went well. But all the sudden the Comanche and only the Comanche drives me nuts, Why?
Whenever I select the Comanche, immediately after loading, the bird starts staggering, turning around all axis, getting ejected in the air, bouncing down, jumping up again, on and on. This behavior is never ending! :x

First I deinstalled AccuFeel - no change.
Then I deinstalled, booted and reinstalled the Comanche - no change.
Only switching to any other aircraft, either a2a or other provider would stop this dance until I select again the Comanche. :cry:

In former times it also happened sporadically that the Spitfire would do similiar dancing, but only around the wing axis, it just was looping around and around. I could stop this behavior by switching to another bird and then selecting the Spitfire again.

Do I have to do another complete new install of my system or does anybody have a hint, how I could try to stop my dancing queen? :roll:

Thanks for your help
Gernot

System:
Intel i5-2500K @3.30GHz 3.60GHz
16GB RAM
Win7
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
2xSSD: 111GB (System) and 894GB (P3DV4)
2XHDD: 2x1TB for Backup and Sources

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

It almost sounds like you are loading into the sim with the engine running.

Are you loading a default cold and dark aircraft before loading the A2A aircraft into the sim?

Also, make sure your hardware throttle control ( if you are using one) is set fully back to “idle”.

Finally, P3Dv? or FSX?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Comanche doesn't stop staggering around

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gernot,

Thanks for the detailed info.

In addition to Jacques's suggestions, please can you let us know if you're using the latest installers for these P3Dv4 products? If you're using the new installers, each Accu-Sim aircraft will show the A2A logo, publisher as "A2A Simulations Inc." and product version number in the Windows "apps & features" window.

Thanks,
Nick

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Jacques wrote:It almost sounds like you are loading into the sim with the engine running.

Are you loading a default cold and dark aircraft before loading the A2A aircraft into the sim?

Also, make sure your hardware throttle control ( if you are using one) is set fully back to “idle”.

Finally, P3Dv? or FSX?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Jacques,
Thanks for your fast response.
Yes, I used a default cold&dark aircraft before loading the A2A aircraft. into the sim.
Then I was told by my fellow pilots in my VA, I could trust the A2A aircrafts, I didn't have to go via a default aircraft in the first place. But anytime I was starting from a cold&dark aircraft.

I'm using P3Dv4.3

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Gernot,

Thanks for the detailed info.

In addition to Jacques's suggestions, please can you let us know if you're using the latest installers for these P3Dv4 products? If you're using the new installers, each Accu-Sim aircraft will show the A2A logo, publisher as "A2A Simulations Inc." and product version number in the Windows "apps & features" window.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi Nick,

I'm using the latest A2A-installers and I checked that the latest updates are installed.
However, when double checking my P3D installation I found the following status:

- Prepar3D v4 Academic V4.2.21.24048
- Prepar3D v4 Academic Client V4.3.29.25520
- Prepar3D v4 Content V4.3.29.25520
- Prepar3D v4 Scenery V4.3.29.25520

When upgrading from P3Dv4.2 to P3Dv4.3 in July I learned that only the Academic Client, Content and Scenery needed to be updated. Hope it does not affect the system that the base is still V4.2. Since the Comanche was flying and behaving perfectly on this configuration between July and October I exclude this fact as a potential root cause.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Gernot

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks for the info Gernot,

As a test please could you make a copy of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder and then delete its contents. (The 'FSX' isn't a typo - I appreciate you're using P3D.) This will reset the Comanche back to its default state and may resolve the issue if the aircraft's log.dat file has become corrupted.

Please can you also let me know the version of the "A2A_Accusim.dll" file on your system? (It can be found in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges".)

Best regards,
Nick

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Okay, thanks for the info Gernot,

As a test please could you make a copy of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder and then delete its contents. (The 'FSX' isn't a typo - I appreciate you're using P3D.) This will reset the Comanche back to its default state and may resolve the issue if the aircraft's log.dat file has become corrupted.

Please can you also let me know the version of the "A2A_Accusim.dll" file on your system? (It can be found in "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges".)

Best regards,
Nick
Compliments and congrats Nick! You've hit the bull's eye!
You know your product quite well! Thank you!
The test was successfully performed. Deleting the contents of the "Documents\A2A\FSX\Comanche250" folder would solve the issue! Hurrah! :D :lol:

Just for your info, the versions of the "A2A_Accusim.dll" file are
- file: 18.9.24.0
- product: 18.9.24
Since I have installed all my add-ons in a separate folder parallel to P3D folder, the file was located at "D:\P3D-Add-on\A2A\Gauges".

Thanks again for making an old man lucky! :lol:

Kind regards,
Gernot

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Well I may have been a bit too fast with the champagne.

Deleting these log file allowed to stabillize the aircraft. However, when trying to fly her I realized some issue.
E.g. left fuel tank was empty and could not be loaded on the ground. Right fuel tank could only be loaded up to about 80%.
At the attitude indicating gauge there was a tape hanging down, with the letters "OFF".
When I entered the hangar to have the aircraft overhauled
anything was ok. best shape...
But as soon as I added tip tanks to the aircraft... the Comanche was dancing again. :shock:

And I was so happy, when the dancing was be stopped in teh first place.....

Kind regards,
Gernot

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Hi Nick,

hope you don't mind that I started to delete all my a2a aircrafts and manually deleted any surviving a2a folders. :)

Then I started again installation of my a2a fleet. Now that I tested the Comanche I think she's working well again.
I even could apply tip tanks without restarting the awful dancing behavior.

Sorry for bothering you with my issue in the first place. I could have done the reinstall immediately on my own.

Anyway, thank you for your kind support.

Kind regards
Gernot

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Gernot,

Sorry - somehow I missed your reply above or I'd have responded sooner. Yes, perhaps if something had become corrupted with your installation, reinstalling will have fixed it. Additionally, the newer installers will also reinstall the legacy SimConnect client, so if this had been corrupted, there's a chance this was the culprit.

Anyway, fingers crossed but I'll keep an eye on this topic, so please let us know if the issue returns.

Best regards,
Nick

AMA230
Airman

Post by AMA230 »

Sure let you know at this place if the dancing attitude returns. But hopefully not :D

A question regards Bonanza:
I know this here is Comanche stuff, but I think this could be related to the same root cause.
In hangar mode I faced messages about all gauges being broken. Red texts in tge picture of the dashboard and a long list of broken gauges.
I could not get rid of these messages. Knocking on the gauges would not help as well as general overhaul would not fix the issue.
After complete reinstall, however, the issue is solved.

Kind regards,
Gernot

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Gernot,

Sounds like there may have been a leftover outdated file somewhere in your installation which the reinstall overwrote. Either than or an issue with the SimConnect client.

Kind regards,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”