Maintenance Hangar Panel Blurry

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VHOEG
Airman

Maintenance Hangar Panel Blurry

Post by VHOEG »

Hi,

I did a quick search through the forum for my issue but didn't come up with anything.

I installed the Comanche into P3D v4.3.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX a few months ago but only opened it earlier this evening and the maintenance hangar 'noteboard' text is illegible on my monitor. (This has only happened on this install - I don't understand why it has never occurred beforehand.)

Please note that it is only the notepad area that is blurry as shown in the attached image. I have tried messing around with different AA/MSAA/SSAA/FXAA settings without any success.

I'm running a monitor at a resolution (as I have with previous installs without any issues) at a resolution of 3200x1800.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: Cannot upload image - here is a link to postimage.org https://i.postimg.cc/QdY0FxCH/Maint-Han ... Blurry.png

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Maintenance Hangar Panel Blurry

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

just to check, can you please run the Comanche updater under your Windows start menu > A2A Simulations.

Also just to check you are running at your monitors native resolution in windows + in sim.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi VHOEG.
Just a thought , is it only the hangar where the writing is blurred , or does this happen in shift+2 and 3 , ans do you get any blurries in the instrument lettering , as this reminds me of a change in fonts within windows.
Do you have any other A2A aircraft , if so do you get the same issues with them.
regards alan. 8)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Something else to check is the ClearType settings in Windows. Please refer to this thread for some discussion of how a similar issue was resolved by adjusting ClearType settings.

Thanks,
Nick

VHOEG
Airman

Post by VHOEG »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

just to check, can you please run the Comanche updater under your Windows start menu > A2A Simulations.

Also just to check you are running at your monitors native resolution in windows + in sim.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi,

I did run the Comanche updater and an update did install, however, that did not fix my problem. I also do not run my monitor at its native resolution as it produces an unacceptably large performance hit. I have used this setting before with both your and other aircraft without problem. I'll look at Nick's suggestion regarding ClearType as I do remember changing that around a bit since the last time I used the Comanche.
alan CXA651 wrote:Hi VHOEG.
Just a thought , is it only the hangar where the writing is blurred , or does this happen in shift+2 and 3 , ans do you get any blurries in the instrument lettering , as this reminds me of a change in fonts within windows.
Do you have any other A2A aircraft , if so do you get the same issues with them.
regards alan. 8)
Hi,
As I mentioned earlier, it is only the text on the clipboard that is blurry, all other menus (Shift+Number/Other text in maintenance panel) is crystal clear - as it has always been. :) I do have the Connie but I can't seem to find this issue there.
Nick - A2A wrote:Something else to check is the ClearType settings in Windows. Please refer to this thread for some discussion of how a similar issue was resolved by adjusting ClearType settings.

Thanks,
Nick
Hi,
I think you might have the solution as I have mucked around with ClearType (As I lower my screen resolution to 1080p artificially when I use DCS) since I last used the Comanche (In a previous installation...)

I'll reply again after some tinkering with it later on today and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks VHOEG. Yes, please let us know if some ClearType tinkering fixes the issue but from what you've mentioned, sounds like this could well be the culprit.

Nick

VHOEG
Airman

Post by VHOEG »

Hi Nick,

Yep - it was ClearType - I changed it and now it works like a charm - thanks for your suggestion.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're very welcome - thanks for the update.

All the best,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”