Beacon not lighting up

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
frankie1029
Airman

Beacon not lighting up

Post by frankie1029 »

Hello, own and love the A2A Comanche, but now I have a problem where the beacon light does not light up anymore.

Please help and thanks in advance
FC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Beacon not lighting up

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello FC - first thing to check would be the circuit breaker. It's directly underneath the left landing lamp switch.

Thanks,
Nick

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

I have done that. It still does not work. This has never happened to me before.

FC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks FC - in that case, please can you share a little more information about your setup including which host sim you're using, along with any changes you've made to the installation which may be related to this issue. For example, new add-ons or utilities.

Nick

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

Surely,
I use FSX, but the Comanche has worked fine until I downloaded the A2A Constellation.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

If you're using FSX, please can you install the latest Accu-Sim update from this pinned post if you haven't already done so.

Thanks,
Nick

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

Okay. I will try it and see if it works.
FC

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

The update did not fix the problem. But, I do notice the beacon now flashes simultaneously with the strobe. What should I do now??

FC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello FC,

Please can you give us a bit more additional info about your sim installation including any other add-ons you have installed and your graphics hardware and CPU specs.

If you're experiencing very low frame rates in the sim, this may be one possible explanation for artefacts such as this, so please can you also let us know your average FPS when this happens.

Finally, which aircraft loads as part of the default flight? If you've used a complex add-on aircraft such as one of the A2A ones for the default flight, then this may also cause issues. Using one of the default FSX aircraft for the default flight is strongly recommended.

Thanks,
Nick

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

I installed a GeForce video card on my computer, which has made the frame rate better. But even before I installed it, there was no trouble with the frame rate.

I have the A2A Bonanza, Comanche, Skylane, Constellation, B-17, and the COTS B377. I also have the Majestic Software Dash q400 and the qualitywings 787.

My default flight loads as normal, with the ultralight aircraft at Friday Harbor.

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Frankie1029.
Just checked my comanche , lower white strobe flashes quickly , upper red beacon flashes slowly , what flash rate are yours doing.
regards alan. 8)

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

My beacon and stone lights flash together. At the same time.
FC

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Frankie1029.
Both these lights must be in the model file , they dont show in the aircraft.cfg , do you have any addon paints , or just the ones that came with download , and did you change the GPS or Landing light options from default in the A2A comanche 250 Aircraft Configurator , mine are set to default options in the configurator.
Reason for asking is there appears to be more than one model option which i think is dependant on these choices as to which is made active.
regards alan. 8)

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

I have no addon paints. Everything is default. I've never changed anything.
FC

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello FC,

Please can you check to make sure you don't have the "DX10 preview" option ticked in the FSX display settings.

If it's not, please can you actually let us know what the frame rate is when the problem first occurs. If you press Shift + Z a few times, it'll cycle through some display text at top left which will include the FPS.

I ask, because if the FPS is very low with the engine idling due to particle (smoke) effects, this may be one possible explanation for the artefact.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support”